Alphabet Dating - All about I Date Ideas

alphabet dating, alphabet dates, all about I date ideas, letter dates, letter dating, I dates, things to do that start with I, letter I date ideas, all about I, all about letter I, date ideas, A to Z Dates, A to Z date Ideas, unique date ideas, fun dates, cheap dates, unique dates, dating your spouse, ninth anniversary,

For our one year anniversary (paper), I decided I was going to start a new tradition by making my husband an A to Z Wedding Anniversary Date Book. The date book helps us keep track of what we do on our wedding anniversaries and acts as a scrapbook. The A to Z Anniversary tradition goal is to plan everything about your wedding anniversaries around the letter that goes with that year.

I = 9th Anniversary; Traditional gift is Pottery/Willow, Modern is Leather

For our 9th Anniversary we celebrated with our all about "I" date. On our anniversary we had Iced cinnamon rolls for breakfast, went to Olive Garden for some Italian food and Iced tea, and ended the night making an M (our last Initial) for our monogramed wall made from pottery and willow plates (9 year traditional gifts).

We finally got a long over due date night. We tried out Wise Birds Cider Co. where we played some IQ games, followed by an Interactive Murder Mystery Dinner where we did some Investigating under the aliases Andie Anderson and Benjamin Barry. We ended the night with some Ice cream. 

Gifts included a homemade I-Spy book, personalized knife with 9 tally marks that looked like I's, I-tunes mix, and Infinity earrings. We had an amazing time!

You can check out a video of our "I" date night on TikTok HERE!

Alphabet dating, date night, I date. Ideas, date ideas, things that start with I, anniversary ideas,

Try to think outside the box when planning your "All about I" date. You only get to celebrate your anniversary once a year so try to do something different that you don't get to do a lot. Try a new restaurant or go exploring. I've created a list to help you if you are having trouble coming up with things to do or places to eat that start with the letter "I". 

"I" Date possibilities:
  • Drive-In Movies 
  • Ice Skating
  • Ice Sculpture carving
  • Ice Bar
  • Ice-cream Date - go to several ice cream shops in the area and get a different flavor at each one
  • Gas Station Icee - mix all the flavors
  • Icing - Cake decorating class, cupcake shop
  • Illusion Show
  • Improv Class
  • Image - Photoshoot, Movie Theater 
  • Imagination Date - be creative, visit a science exhibit, art class, candle making class, the sky is your limit!
  • Investigation aka Murder Mystery Dinner Show
  • Indoor Sports Game
  • Indoor Gym
  • Indoor Activities - Laser Tag, Putt Putt, Rock Climbing, Swimming, Movie, Skating
  • Inline Skating
  • Install something new in your home
  • Instrument - concert, learn a new instrument, go to a recital
  • Indie Band
  • Insect (Bug) Exhibit
  • Insect Hunting
  • Iron - Ax throwing, ring making class
  • I-Spy Date - go on a scavenger hunt and see who can find the most things that start with an "I"
  • I-pod Date - go through your iPod listening to old songs, singing, dancing, & reminiscing
  • Idea Board - make a board of everything you want to do/make kind of like a Bucket List
  • Italian/Indian Cooking Class
  • Inhale - go to an oxygen/hookah bar
  • Ink - get matching tattoos or henna tattoos; take a calligraphy class, ink art class, stamp art
  • IQ - take an IQ test; test your IQ by playing some problem solving games & puzzles
  • Games Night: Break the Ice, In a Pickle, That's It, I-Spy, In the bag 
  • Movie Night - The Internship, I Love You Man, Iron Man, Iron Giant, Ice Age, Ice Princess, The Illusionist, Identity, The Incredibles, Indiana Jones, In Time, 
  • Travel - Island, Ireland, Iowa, Idaho, Iran, Iraq, India, Italy, Indiana, Indianapolis, Iceland

Food and Drinks:
  • Icing - cookies, cake, cupcakes, donuts
  • Ice Cream
  • Ice Cream Cake
  • Ice Pops
  • Icee
  • Ice
  • Ice Tea
  • Ice Water
  • Iced Coffee
  • Iced Anything aka Frozen Foods
  • Iceburg lettuce aka Salad
  • Idaho potatoes 
  • Italian Ice
  • Italian Anything - Pasta, Breadsticks, Salad, Wine
  • Irish Anything - Coffee, Cream, Whiskey

Restaurants:
  • IHop
  • In-N-Out Burger
  • Johnny Carinos Italian Restaurant
  • Izzy's
  • Italian - Olive Garden, Fazoli's, Pizza
  • Indian Restaurant
  • Irish Restaurant 

"I" Words you could possibly incorporate:
  • Igloo
  • Island
  • Inspire
  • Inspiration
  • Intense
  • Infinity 
  • Indigo
  • Ivory
  • Idea
  • Illegal
  • Impact
  • Infant
  • Install
  • Involved
  • Ice
  • Ink
  • Include
  • Input
  • Identity
  • Imagine
  • IQ
  • Intelligent
  • Intellectual 
  • Animals - Insects, Iguana, Indian Rhino, Indian Elephant, Impala

There are tons of other words and things to do the start or involve the letter "I" and names of places vary by location but I hope this list at least gets you started when planning your "All about I" date!

Feel free to comment below with more "I" date ideas!

Check out my A to Z Wedding Anniversary Date Book to see where it all began. You may also like these other Alphabet Dates:

1 Comments