Product Testing Websites that Work

Product testing, product testing websites, legit product testing sites, free products, free samples, free product websites, test products, full size products, product review sites, free sample websites, legit product testing websites, free makeup, free body wash, free stuff, free

For those of you who don't know, I am a stay-at-home mom. I probably wouldn't be able to create a ton of blog posts if my job title wasn't Bee-ing Mommy; as blogging can take up a decent amount of time but that is besides the point because I love writing blogs to help people out.

Since I became a stay-at-home mom, I slowly started looking into cash survey websites, product testing websites and ways to make some extra money to try to help out more budget wise.

I am on several product testing websites and I've been on a few for a while now so I am going to share with you what websites I have had the best luck at getting free products. Who doesn't love free products, right?!

Hopefully this doesn't lower my odds at getting samples and products to test as several of the items are limited but I figured I would share anyways. 


What is Product Testing?
Product testing is when you receive free full size (most of the time) products in return for your honest opinion. Companies send out free products in hopes that you will like the product and rave to your friends and family about the product and that they will then go and buy the awesome product you received.

I'm sure you have seen ads that talk about product study groups and free product testing but don't believe everything you see as some of them are scams.

Before signing up for a website or a product study group I recommend researching the website first to make sure it is legit and NEVER pay anything for the product you are agreeing to test. The whole point of product testing websites is for the consumers (that's you) to test the products and write honest reviews in hopes of more people buying their product. Your honest review acts as your payment for the product.

You aren't going to make money from product testing unless you somehow get into a focus group that pays (I have yet to find any legit ones) but you can save money from being a product tester.

You may be wondering how product testing will save you money, well think of it this way, now you don't have to buy that product in the store so you just saved a few bucks especially if it is a product you already use!


How does Product Testing work?
Every product testing website is different and requires different tasks to be completed so make sure to read the guidelines to make sure you will be able to complete the tasks within the given time frame Basically you:

  • Sign up for the website and set up your account
  • Find a product you might like, answer the qualification questions/survey and wait. If you qualify, the website will contact you via e-mail letting you know. Sometimes you have to accept it first.
  • Wait for the product to arrive
  • Test out the product - take pictures, post on social media, show it off to friends
  • Complete the required tasks - tasks vary depending on the product
  • Repeat

Product testing, product testing websites, legit product testing sites, free products, free samples, free product websites, test products, full size products, product review sites, free sample websites, legit product testing websites, free makeup, free body wash, free stuff, free

Product Testing websites I've gotten products from:
I know there are several websites out there, the ones listed below are just the ones I have come across so if you know any other good product testing website please feel free to share them with us in the comments below.


Crowdtap

Website Referral Link: http://crowdtap.com
As of now, you will get 100 points for signing up, and I'll get 100 points when you claim your first reward!

Crowdtap is my favorite product testing website so far. I have received several free full size products to test and I can earn points toward Gift Cards by answering questions. Crowdtap is based off of a point system. You get 2-50 points on average, sometimes more, for completing their missions.

The missions are anything from answering a question to a short survey to viewing a link and completing the prompt. They recently updated their website ad created an app but it use to be earn 500 points,  get a $5 Amazon gift card sent to your email. Earn 500 more points you get another then the points go up to 1000 points but you still only get a $5 Amazon gift card. I figured if the points went up the gift card amount would too but unfortunately it doesn't.

Since Crowdtap has updated, you can now choose what kind go Gift Card you want where as before it was only Amazon.

Crowdtap also will post products you can test if you qualify. I have seen products ranging from make-up to body wash, food, medicine and games. If you like a product that becomes available you must first apply to sample the product by answering some questions and agreeing to their terms. If you are accepted and meet the demographic they are looking for you will receive the product in a week or so. You must then test the product, review the product, post a picture of the product and do the final report.

Every product testing is different and asks for different things in the mission so make sure you are able to complete all the steps in the mission before applying. Once you are done with the mission you will be rewarded points if everything was done right.

You also get to keep the product. If you do not complete the mission your profile will get marked so you will not qualify for other product testing missions. You will not get accepted to test every product you apply for but hopefully you will qualify for some!

Both my husband and I have a Crowtap account since we fall under different demographics due to age and gender. We both get different missions and different product testing items in our account. Below are some of the products we have received since we have signed up.

Product testing, product testing websites, legit product testing sites, free products, free samples, free product websites, test products, full size products, product review sites, free sample websites, legit product testing websites, free makeup, free body wash, free stuff, free, crowdtap, Crowdtap product testing, Crowdtap review, Crowdtap website

BzzAgent

Website Link: https://www.bzzagent.com

*BzzAgent recently updated their website and deleted everyone who had an account so you have to sign up again. To the best of my knowledge, they will send you an e-mail now if you qualify for a product and you go from there.

BzzAgent is a product testing website that sends you products based on how you answer their survey questions. If you qualify, you will receive an e-mail and you must accept the product before all the spots are taken.

Once you agree to test the product and are "in", you have a certain amount of days to buzz about the product. The days usually vary from 20 to 50 days so you have plenty of time. Most of the time the company wants you to share pictures of the product to social media and "buzz" aka talk about who you shared your product with and what was said. Sometimes you are asked to write a review. It all depends on what the company is looking for.

BzzAgent is pretty simple since all you really have to do is test the product and buzz about it while sharing how you buzzed. The more you buzz the higher your score gets, the higher your score the more likely you are to get selected to sample products. I have received several items from BzzAgent, just not as much as I would of hoped. Most of the surveys and items I receive tend to be spread out so don't expect to get a ton of free products fast.

Both my husband and I have an account since we are in different demographics. I have been a member for two in a half years and have qualified to test seven products.

My husband has been a member for about two years and has tested three products. He also missed out on two because they filled up before he saw the e-mail to accept the product, one of which were $150 running shoes and shirt but luckily he recently qualified for another pair of $50 Rebook running shoes that he loves so it all worked out.

I probably would of qualified for more products if I checked for surveys daily but sometimes life gets in the way so make sure to check your e-mail and fill out the surveys when you see them!

I have seen products ranging from make-up to food to pet food, shoes and even liquor. Some of the products I wish I qualified for but I guess I wasn't part of the demographic the company was looking for. Below are some of the products we have received since we have signed up.

Product testing, product testing websites, legit product testing sites, free products, free samples, free product websites, test products, full size products, product review sites, free sample websites, legit product testing websites, free makeup, free stuff, free, Bzzagent, Bzzagent review, Bzzagent website

Influenster

Website Referral Link: https://www.influenster.com
As of now, I will get 5 points towards my impact score for the first 20 people that sign up using this link!

Influenster is like it sounds. It is a website that tries to influence its consumers by posting blogs on makeup, style, parenting, etc. It also has coupons, contest and product testing.

To be able to qualify for any of the products you have to complete your profile and fill out what they call Snaps. Snaps are basically questions about what products you use or brands you buy. Once you answer the question it will pop up for you to write a review on a product you have previously tried. You can skip this step or any step of the Snap if you would like.

Writing the reviews by my understanding helps to influence customers to buy the product being that it is a good review and also helps you get chosen for a product if they like how you review other products. If your Snap answers fit a product they will ask if you want to participate and you will be sent a VoxBox.

I have read that some VoxBoxes can contain tons of full size products, etc... and that you can win bigger VoxBoxes by entering contest, earning badges and participating in Instagram and Twitter parties.

I am still learning how to use Influenster but so far it's not that bad. I like that it is more than just a product testing website and has other things to offer such a blog post and coupons. I have only had my account for a couple months but have already gotten $20 Khols cash, an Apple & Eve Juice VoxBox, Elvive hair oil and recently qualified for a Finesse VoxBox full of misc products and Giorgio Armani Perfume. Below are some of the products I have received since I've signed up.

Product testing, product testing websites, legit product testing sites, free products, free samples, free product websites, test products, full size products, product review sites, Si perfume, free perfume, free sample websites, legit product testing websites, free makeup, free stuff, free, Influenster, Influenster review, Influesnter website

Home Testers Club 

Website Link: https://hometesterclub.com

I don't know much about this website but I have received some Sally Hanson nail polish and Air Wick V.I.Poo Spray from them.

I have applied to test a couple products and never heard anything but I guess I finally qualified because the nail polish showed up at my door with no prior notice. Maybe I missed the notice or they don't always send one. I did receive a notice a couple days prior to receiving the Air Wick V.I.Poo spray.

Once you receive the product, you test the product out then log into their website and fill out a short survey they have posted, write a review and you are done.

This product testing site is easy to use and the survey is easy to complete. I've only qualified for two products but have applied for several others from toilet paper to baby products, bed sheets and even a toilet. Most of the products seem to fall under the "home" category hence their website name.

Product testing, product testing websites, legit product testing sites, free products, free samples, free product websites, test products, full size products, product review sites, free sample websites, legit product testing websites, free makeup, free stuff, free, Home Tester Club, Home Tester Club review, Home Tester Club website

Pinchme

Website Link: https://www.pinchme.com

*PinchMe has updated their website and now has a lot more things you can do. I haven't really used the website since it has been updated so it may of changed and may be better, but the one time I selected a product I qualified for since it was updated, it was still just a small sample.

Pinchme is my least favorite product testing website. Pinchme has a sample day once a month on a Tuesday at noon EST. They have a count down on their website if you want to know when the next sample day is. At that time the samples you qualify for become available and you can choose what you want to sample. If you choose a sample they will ship you a few different products in a box. My last sample box took almost eight weeks to arrive.

The products are actual samples, not full size products. You then must fill out a short survey and write a review if asked on Pinchme's website within 30 days from when your samples were shipped. Pinchme also sometime has free magazine subscriptions you may qualify for. It looks like they recently added surveys that if you complete you are entered to with prizes but I could be wrong.

Since I have been a member I have only qualified for a Pinchme sample box three times and I wasn't huge on the products I received. I literally have received one piece of gum before so I personally don't think it is worth the time for a small sample but you may have better luck than I did so it is worth a shot if you are free on their sample day.

Below is a picture of one of the Pinchme boxes I have received since I've signed up.

Product testing, product testing websites, legit product testing sites, free products, free samples, free product websites, test products, full size products, product review sites, free sample websites, legit product testing websites, free makeup, free stuff, free, Pinchme, Pinchme review, Pinchme website

Smiley365

Website Link: https://smiley.socialmedialink.com/

I have used this website the least but you can earn points by completing tasks and receive free products to test if you qualify and fit the demographic they are looking for. The only product I have received is a box of O.B Tampons and coupons for free boxes to pass out to people.

Once you test your product you write a review and can share it onto social media for points and you are done. The website is fairly easy to use, a bit confusing at first. It looks like they just gave it a make over so things may be different since I last used it. Like I said I have only received one product but I also don't use the website often so you may have better luck.


Websites I haven't had any luck with: 
Here are some websites I have signed up for and haven't recieved any products from. I have signed up for several products on some of the websites and occasionally still will but I have given up for the most part since I have had better luck with the websites listed above. 

Maybe you will have better luck than I have though since samples and products are usually based a person's demographics (age, gender, race, income, where you live).

As you can tell from the photos above, product testing is a real thing and you can get real, full size products for free in return for your honest opinions and social sharing. The items you receive depend on the website you are on, what company is testing products, your demographics and what you put into it.

If you don't complete the specific tasks once you receive a product you supposedly get flagged so you won't qualify for future opportunities. If you complete the tasks your score is usually raised so you have a better chance for qualify for more products.

Product testing is a fun way to test new product and it helps you safe money since this product can replace or temporarily replace the product you would normally use. So far I have enjoyed product testing, especially when I get free make up to test out.

Currently, my favorite product testing website is Crowdtap and least favorite is Pinchme mainly due to the fact you receive samples instead of full products. If you know of any other great product testing websites please share them with us in the comments below, I'm always looking for new product testing websites to try!


Disclosure: I am not associated with the companies, websites or products listed above. This is all based on my personal experience. All products pictured were received for free in return for my honest opinion and/or social sharing.


You may also like:

0 Comments