Our Family Easter Festivities 2015

Happy Day after Easter!

I wanted to post yesterday but I was busy spending time with my family so I'm posting today. This was our first Easter as a married couple and also our first Easter with my newborn son. This was my daughter's second Easter but the first one she was able to participate in festivity wise. We tried last year but she was just learning how to sit so it didn't really work out.

I wasn't able to find an Easter Bunny to take their pictures with this year but they are usually creepy looking so its okay, I'll try again next year but I was able to take some family pictures with our newborn for Easter. Below is one of my favorite pictures from the photoshoot.



Since this was my husband and my first Easter as a married couple, I wanted to do something different for him so I decided to make my husband go on a beer hunt instead of an egg hunt. I attached cute sayings to the beer bottles and hid them around the house. You can check out  the Easter beer hunt tutorial HERE.

Here is a glance at everyone's Easter gifts before they got a hold of them:
You can find more Easter basket filler ideas HERE.


We woke up Easter morning and I dressed my babies in their Easter onesies - Miss "Nobunny's cuter than me" and Mr. "I have chicks all over me". I have to say they are pretty adorable babies Easter babies.


We then gave my daughter a basket and showed her what to do. She had a blast and found all of the eggs the Easter bunny hid. She actually did a better job at finding the eggs than her daddy did at finding his.

When my daughter saw her Easter Basket she went straight for the Gerber snacks and brought them to me. She also took her brothers Gerber puffs thinking they were hers and tried to open them. Our little girl loves her food.


My daughter's Easter Basket Consisted of:

  • Easter Onesie
  • Gerber Banana Cookies and Gerber Yogurt Melts
  • Summer Hat
  • Magnet Alphabet Letters
  • Sidewalk Chalk
  • A Bunny Chair my husband picked out
My son got an Easter Onesie and Gerber Puffs that we will save until he is old enough to eat them since he is only 4 weeks old. My husband and I both got our favorite Easter candies.

You can check out my blog, 100+ Easter Basket Ideas for Babies & Toddlers for more Easter basket filler ideas.



Later that day we decided to grill out. My husband grilled some chicken pineapple bacon kebabs, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, broccoli and made strawberry blondies which tasted more like strawberry cake with white chocolate but it was still good. While he was grilling my daughter went on another Easter egg hunt outside - I threw a punch of plastic eggs on the ground and let her collect them. We then attempted to use the side walk chalk the Easter Bunny brought her until she decided to try to eat it. Overall we had a really nice Easter! 

You may also like:

0 Comments