Graduation Gift Ideas - Decorated Beer & Hot Sauce

graduation gift, easy graduation gift, graduation sayings, graduation food sayings, graduation drink sayings, fun graduation gift, gift, beer gift, hot sauce gift, unique gift, unique graduation gift, of coarse you did it, one degree hotter, food saying, cheap graduation gift

Now that the school year is officially coming to an end, I wanted to share what I made my husband for his winter graduation. My husband graduated with his Master's Degree this past December. He finished his classes over the summer but with a new baby, Christmas, and my daughter's birthday party the same weekend, his graduation snuck up on us. Although it was last minute and raining, we were still able to celebrate my husband's accomplishment!


Since his graduation snuck up on us, it's safe to say I ran out the day before his graduation to pick out his gift. It was a last minute gift, but you couldn't tell by looking at it. If you have been following my blog, you know that one of our Valentine's Day traditions is a Decorated Beer Box. Every Valentine's Day for the past few years I have decorated a beer box with a fun saying. My husband likes trying different types of beer so this is a fun way of mixing it up.


For my husband's graduation gift, I decided to decorate a beer box. I bought a six pack of Coors and decorated the box with the saying, "Congratulations, of COORS you did it!". This is a fun and easy gift idea. It was a perfect last minute gift and my husband loved it!

If you don't want to buy alcohol, scroll down for a few more graduation beverage sayings!

graduation gift, easy graduation gift, fun graduation gift, gift, beer gift, of coarse you did it, food saying, cheap graduation gift

Using markers, I wrote the words on some construction paper, cut them out and used hot glue to glue them to the box. I try to cover up the words on the box that aren't used in the saying to make the saying more noticeable.

graduation gift, easy graduation gift, graduation sayings, graduation food sayings, graduation drink sayings, fun graduation gift, gift, beer gift, graduation beer, of coarse you did it, food saying, cheap graduation gift, decorated beer box

I then cut out six black squares and glued them to the top of the beer bottles. I added a homemade yarn tassel to make them look like graduation caps.

graduation gift, graduation beer, graduation drink, cheap graduation gift,

I used Coors beer because I wanted to use the word Coors to make a fun graduation saying but you can easily decorate any six-pack of a bottled beverage with graduation hats and a fun saying.

***Keep in mind the age of the person you are making the gift for. Alcohol is only for 21+. If they are graduating high school, please choose a non alcoholic beverage/food with a saying from below. ***


Here are some other graduation beverage sayings you could use:
  • Crush - "You CRUSHed it!"
  • Mt. Dew - "I knew you could DEW it!" 
  • A&W Root Beer - "You did an AWesome job!"
  • Ale 8 or Ale Beer - "We ALE knew you could do it!"
  • Corona Extra - "We're EXTRA proud of you!"
  • Sky (if you can find a beer with the word on it, if not there is Skyy Vodka) - "The SKY is the limit"



Some other possible graduation sayings you may be able to use with items are:

  • "You're one degree HOTTER" - hot sauce, spicy chips, spicy candy
  • "Great job SMARTIE pants!" - smarties candy
  • "Reach for the STARS!" - star burst candy
  • "The tassel was worth the hassle"
  • "Your future is bright!"
  • "You did it!"
  • "Way to go!"
  • "Congratulations!"

graduation gift, easy graduation gift, graduation sayings, graduation food sayings, graduation drink sayings, fun graduation gift, gift, beer gift, hot sauce gift, unique gift, unique graduation gift, of coarse you did it, one degree hotter, food saying, cheap graduation gift

If you haven't noticed by the pictures, I also bought some hot sauce, rolled up a pieces of paper to look like a diploma and paired it with the saying, "You're one degree HOTTER!".

I was going to buy Buffalo Wild Wings Sauce but unfortunately they didn't have the one I wanted so I bought this one to try. You can use any kind of hot sauce, hot candy, or hot beverage.

graduation gift, easy graduation gift, social distancing graduation gift, fun graduation gift, gift, hot sauce gift, unique graduation gift, one degree hotter, food saying, cheap graduation gift, diploma gift

Both of these gifts are super easy to make and they are affordable! I spent less than $10 total. Of coarse the price varies depending on what brand of beer and hot sauce you buy but if you are on a budget, this is a great and affordable gift.

I love buying/making gifts that will get used. Food and beverage gifts will almost always be used as long as it is something the person likes. Adding a fun saying to the food or beverage is a great and affordable way to make the gift more meaningful!

I'd love to know what saying you used for your Grad's gift! Comment below or drop a picture in the "Tried It" section HERE!



You may also like:

Pin for later:
graduation gift, easy graduation gift, graduation sayings, graduation food sayings, graduation drink sayings, fun graduation gift, gift, beer gift, hot sauce gift, unique gift, unique graduation gift, of coarse you did it, one degree hotter, food saying, cheap graduation gift, decorated beer box

0 Comments