Breastfeeding Holiday Humor - Breastfeeding is Hard but Worth It!

I have tried to breastfeed all four of my children, each one for a different amount of time. After I wasn't able to breastfeed my third child due to his supposed milk protein allergy, I realized that I didn't have any photos of me breastfeeding.

I am not one to show off my body. For the most part, I breastfed in the privacy of my home or would sneak away to a back room. If not, I would try to cover up, mainly due to the fact that I didn't want people to stare at me or possibly get a peak show when my baby decided they were done eating or pushed off the cover because they didn't like it.

As a mom, I have breastfed and bottle fed my children. I have pumped and froze my milk. I have pumped and dumped my milk. I have donated my milk. I have used formula. I have had my husband thaw out and feed my baby. I have had engorged breast. I have barely made enough milk. I have breastfed my baby in a bathroom. I have breastfed my baby in a restaurant booth. I have breastfed my baby in a hot car with a cover on. My breast have leaked, bled, been bit, and even have had thrush - so painful and I would not wish it upon anyone. I have had several different experience throughout my breastfeeding journey with my four children. All different. All wonderful. All hard.

To me, breastfeeding is an accomplishment. It is also a constant battle to keep pushing forward. Breastfeeding is wonderful and horrible. It is affordable yet time consuming. It is amazing, challenging, and exhausting. It is healthy for both you and baby. It is easy. It is hard. It can cause a great bonding experience between a mother and a child. It can also cause stress, strain, and distance. 

Breastfeeding has had it's ups and downs. I have wanted to quit because I wanted my body back. I have wanted to keep pushing on for he well being of my baby. I have enjoyed the bonding time and I have sat staring at the wall or checking social media on my phone hours on end wondering what I could be doing instead. I even created a list of things to do while breastfeeding.

There is so much pressure from the world to breastfeed your baby. It is healthier. It is natural. It is what is best for baby. There is also a lot of pressure to bottle feed your baby. Companies pushing their products and giving out free bottle samples and formula coupons. Strangers staring at you weird for breastfeeding in public. The lack of privacy given to breastfeeding mothers. The assumption that all babies take a bottle. There is pressure from both sides and honestly, as long as your baby is happy and fed, that it all that matters!

Your baby isn't going to grow up remembering if they took a bottle or a breast. They are going to remember that they are grown because they where fed. 
                               breastfeeding, breastfed, mom life, parenthood, motherhood, babies, breastfeeding humor, breastfeeding sayings
Since I realized I didn't have any photos of me breastfeeding in the past, I decided I would do my best to breastfeed my fourth child for as long as I can and try to cherish the moments spent together because they grow up so fast.  I will admit it hasn't all been an easy experience. Late nights, early mornings, and since he has discovered solids, he has slowly been weaning himself, but I can say that it has been worth it. 

So far I have taken a picture of me breastfeeding or just of my son with a funny breastfeeding related saying to go with it each holiday we have celebrated together and posted them to Instagram. We are currently going on ten months of breastfeeding!!!

Hopefully these photos will make you laugh and help you keep pushing forward on your breastfeeding journey with your little one!

Halloween 2019
This was little man's first holiday and my first picture breastfeeding. 

Post: This little guy wanted one last treat before the night was over. Needless to say he's just here for the BOO-bies. 👻 Happy Halloween!

After 4 kids, this is my first breastfeeding picture. I never thought I would want one until I wasn't able to breastfeed my last kiddo and realized I didn't have any so this time around I'm making sure I at least have one!
breastfeeding, breastfed, mom life, parenthood, motherhood, babies, breastfeeding humor, breastfeeding sayings

Thanksgiving 2019
Post: Happy Turkey Day!!! 🦃
I hope everyone has a blessed day; that your heart's are full of thanks and your belly is full of food or in this little ones case, milk 🍼

Needless to say he wanted a different kind of breast than everyone else would soon be getting.
breastfeeding, breastfed, mom life, parenthood, motherhood, babies, breastfeeding humor, breastfeeding sayings

Christmas 2019 
I dressed little man up as an Elf on the Shelf and took some pictures. This photo just so happened to be perfect for my breastfeeding holiday post as he started nuzzling the Elf's cheek like any baby would a breast when they are hungry.

Post: Happy Christmas Eve everyone!!! Santa's coming tonight so get excited and don't forget to put out some milk, cookies, and carrots for the reindeer 🥛🍪🥕🎅

breastfeeding, breastfed, mom life, parenthood, motherhood, babies, breastfeeding humor, breastfeeding sayings


New Years Eve
Unfortunately we had a busy day and little man fell asleep so the only pictures I got of him, he was sleeping in so I didn't post a breastfeeding humor photo on social media, but here is one I took that day that I was hesitant about posting due to the realness of pumping and motherhood.

Poppin' Bottles leads to Pumping & Baby bottles. It os okay to take a night off as long as you are prepared and have a stash of milk saved up.



Valentine's Day 2020
Post 1: #ValentinesDaySurprise was my 4-month-old puking all over me in bed. Nothing like a good old wake up call! 🤮💕 This picture seriously doesn't do it justice as most of it blends in with my sleeve. Fingers crossed🤞he's not getting sick and just had a full belly!

Thankfully he ended up just being full of milk and not sick.


Post 2: First Valentine's Day! This little guy is definitely full of love and his Mama's milk. He loves to eat and sometimes eats too much if you couldn't tell by my earlier post...

He is definitely a happy boy full of love and baby smiles since the day he was born!

breastfeeding, breastfed, mom life, parenthood, motherhood, babies, breastfeeding humor, breastfeeding sayings

St. Patrick's Day March 17, 2020
Post: I could caption this photo with a funny saying like "Irish I could drink", "I get my milk straight from the tap" or " Mom's got the lucky boobs" 🤷🏻‍♀️ to go with the St. Patrick's day theme ☘️☘️☘️ but the truth is I'm lucky to be nursing.

I am lucky because I wasn't able to breastfeed my last little one and that several mother's were having trouble finding formula due to the current world events. You can read my post, I'm Lucky I'm able to Feed my Baby HERE!

breastfeeding, breastfed, mom life, parenthood, motherhood, babies, breastfeeding humor, breastfeeding sayings


Easter April 12, 2020
Everyone is egg-cited for Easter! I thought about taking a picture breastfeeding and holding Easter eggs in front of my breast kind of like the Halloween picture but little man's face said it all in this picture!

Post: Holiday Breastfeeding Easter picture time!!! Needless to say this little guy loves his milk and is growing fast. 🐣🐣

breastfeeding, breastfed, mom life, parenthood, motherhood, babies, breastfeeding humor, breastfeeding sayings


4th of July 2020
Post: Celebrating this little man's first 4th of July and almost 9 months of breastfeeding!!! 🇺🇲🤱

Red, White, and Boobs!

While most of America celebrated at home this year and several people were really blue due to current events, this little man was happy as could be to get his hands on a sparkler. 
 
breastfeeding, breastfed, mom life, parenthood, motherhood, babies, breastfeeding humor, breastfeeding sayings

Hopefully some of theses photos put a smile on your face. I will admit breastfeeding has had its ups and downs. Breastfeeding is amazing. Breastfeeding is hard work. Breastfeeding is exhausting. Breastfeeding is worth it. Breastfeeding is a lot of things and it may not be for you and that is okay. Do what is best for you and your little one!

breastfeeding, breastfed, mom life, parenthood, motherhood, babies, breastfeeding humor, breastfeeding sayings

0 Comments