Mom Hack: High Chair Baby Bib Holder


Shortly after we moved into our house, just over five years ago, I came up with this super easy high chair hack to hold my daughter's bibs. These pictures were taken back in 2017 so why I'm just now sharing this post with you, I honestly don't know. I guess I got caught up in being mommy and forgot to share my mom hack... oops... better late than never thought right?!?!

I recently found these pictures in an album and realized I never posted them so here they are! This little one pictured had just turned one when this picture was taken. He was my third kid to use this high chair and was in the prime of the bib stage. 


He recently turned three - wow does time fly - and hasn't been using bibs for a few months now but I still have them on the back of the high chair just in case. He has been using a booster seat for a while now and we've been using the high chair as a normal chair for one of my other kiddos - the benefit of buying grow with me baby items!

Even though we haven't used bibs in a few months, this high chair hack will still get more use. Before I know it, my fourth kid will be eating solids and making messes in this same chair.

When we moved into our home, my daughter was around eight months old. We had several bibs and I had no where to put the bibs that was convenient. I probably could of made room for the bibs in a kitchen cabinet or drawer, maybe even put a container on the counter to hold the bibs, but our high chair was located across the kitchen and dining room so it wasn't convenient, especially when you never know when the baby will need another bib or you sit down to feed the baby and realize you forgot a bib and the bibs are all the way on the other side of the room so you have to get back up.

Yes I know there are worse things in life than having to walk across the room again, but why not try to come up with a solution just incase? I mean every second saved counts when you have a crying, hungry baby.

I tried to think of a way to store the bibs that wouldn't be super noticeable and this is what I came up with.

mom hack, baby hack, bib holder, high chair hack, high chair bib holder, high chair, diy bib holder, baby bib holder, baby bib holder hack, baby bib high chair hack, $1 mom hack, easy mom hacks, dollar tree hack, mom life, mom help, life hack

I attached a light weight plastic basket to the back of the high chair with two zip-ties then filled the basket with the bibs.

mom hack, baby hack, bib holder, high chair hack, high chair bib holder, high chair, diy bib holder, baby bib holder, baby bib holder hack, baby bib high chair hack, $1 mom hack, easy mom hacks, dollar tree hack, mom life, mom help, life hack

You will need to put one zip-tie on each side of the basket to hold the basket up.


I already had all the supplies so it didn't cost me a thing, but if you don't have the supplies, this is a very cheap mom hack. I bought the blue basket at the Dollar Tree for $1 and whatever zip-ties cost.

If you don't want to use or buy zip-ties, I'm sure something like ribbon, string, twine or even old shoe laces will work fine; the basket and bibs aren't very heavy.

I used zip-ties because I knew they would hold the weight of the basket and I didn't want to worry about my kids playing with the bib basket and undoing whatever string I used. I'm glad I used zip-ties because on more than one occasion the bib basket was emptied out by one of my kids.

mom hack, baby hack, bib holder, high chair hack, high chair bib holder, high chair, diy bib holder, baby bib holder, baby bib holder hack, baby bib high chair hack, $1 mom hack, easy mom hacks, dollar tree hack, mom life, mom help, life hack

The zip-ties have worked great, the bib basket is still attached to the back of the high chair after five years and it will probably stay attached to the high chair until I decide to cut the zip-ties and take the basket off.

This baby bib hack is super easy to do, super cheap, very convenient and I'm sure it has saved me several trips across the kitchen and dining room for a forgotten bib.

I know some high chairs come with trays or shelfs on the back of them already so this mom hack may not apply to you but unfortunately our high chair did not so if your little one's high chair is anything like ours, this high chair hack may be worth a try!

mom hack, baby hack, bib holder, high chair hack, high chair bib holder, high chair, diy bib holder, baby bib holder, baby bib holder hack, baby bib high chair hack, $1 mom hack, easy mom hacks, dollar tree hack, mom life, mom help, life hack
mom hack, baby hack, bib holder, high chair hack, high chair bib holder, high chair, diy bib holder, baby bib holder, baby bib holder hack, baby bib high chair hack, $1 mom hack, easy mom hacks, dollar tree hack, mom life, mom help, life hack

You may also like:

Pin for later:

mom hack, baby hack, bib holder, high chair hack, high chair bib holder, high chair, diy bib holder, baby bib holder, baby bib holder hack, baby bib high chair hack, $1 mom hack, easy mom hacks, dollar tree hack, mom life, mom help, life hack

0 Comments