Thanksgiving Rice Krispie Treat Turkey Dessert


Thanksgiving 2017 I attempted to make Rice Krispie treats look like a pumpkin pie. I followed the recipe Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispies Treats from Just a Taste Blog. Why I'm just now getting around to posting my Rice Krispie creations, I have no clue... I guess I got caught up in being mommy and this post got pushed to the side, but better late than never right?!

I followed Just a Taste's recipe for the most part. I left out the pumpkin pie spices and the whipped cream topping because I didn't want my Rice Krispies to actually taste like a pumpkin pie. I probably could of used a little more food coloring to make the pie look more orange but overall I thought they turned out pretty good. I'm not sure if our relatives knew what I was going for but hey, I tried.

Below is a picture of how my Rice Krispie Pumpkin Pie turned out. I thought it resembled a pumpkin pie but most people didn't make the connection. I pretty much made Rice Krispies and put it in the shape of a pie. I got the idea for the pumpkin pie Rice Krispies from Just a Taste Blog HERE!

Rice Krispie, pumpkin pie, turkey, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving dessert, dessert, easy dessert, kids dessert

Some how I ended up with way more Rice Krispies than would fit in the pan for the pie. I ended up making two Rice Krispie pumpkin pies and got creative with the leftovers.

I used the leftovers to make normal Rice Krispie bars. Once the Rice Krispies were set, I dug through our candy drawer and decorated the Rice Krispies to look like turkeys with different types of candy I found in our drawer.

Rice Krispie, turkey, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving dessert, dessert, easy dessert, kids dessert, Rice Krispie turkey, turkey dessert, turkey food, food, Rice Krispie animal, Rice Krispie dessert

The Turkey's look a little goofy, I think the eyes on food is what gets me, but they were a big hit, especially with the kids!

Incase you are wondering how I made the Rice Krispie Turkeys, start out by making normal Rice Krispie Treat bars. There are several different recipes out there but basically it's:

  • 3 tbsp butter
  • 1 bag of Marshmallows OR 4 cups of Mini Marshmallows
  • 6-8 cups Rice Krispie cereal
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract for flavoring - Optional
  • Orange/Brown Food Coloring - Optional

Melt the butter and marshmallows. Stir in the Rice Krispie cereal until it's not super gooey. Optional- Add the food coloring and vanilla extract. Push into a 9x13 pan until set. 

There are several different recipes out there so find one that you like and use it. The food coloring makes the body look more like a turkey and the vanilla extract adds a little extra flavor for the holidays. Both are of coarse optional.  

Once the Rice Krispies have set, cut into rectangular bars. Decorate to look like turkeys with whatever candy you want. You can buy specific candy or just use some you already have.

To make the Rice Krispies look like turkeys, I used:

  • Reese Pieces for the feathers and beak
  • Twizzlers for the gobbler
  • Candy Eyeballs I had leftover from my son's Monster Birthday Party 

Some other candy that may work for decorating the turkeys are:

  • M&M's
  • Candy Corn for the beak or feathers
  • Frosting
  • Sprinkles
  • Butterscotch Chocolate Chips for the beak


Rice Krispie, turkey, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving dessert, dessert, easy dessert, kids dessert, Rice Krispie turkey, turkey dessert, turkey food, food, Rice Krispie animal, Rice Krispie dessert
Rice Krispie, turkey, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving dessert, dessert, easy dessert, kids dessert, Rice Krispie turkey, turkey dessert, turkey food, food, Rice Krispie animal, Rice Krispie dessert
Rice Krispie, turkey, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving dessert, dessert, easy dessert, kids dessert, Rice Krispie turkey, turkey dessert, turkey food, food, Rice Krispie animal, Rice Krispie dessert

These Rice Krispie Treat Turkeys are super cute and are a pretty easy dessert to make. They are perfect for Thanksgiving, especially if there are going to be kids at Thanksgiving dinner. 

You can even get the kids involved in making the Rice Krispie Turkeys. You can have your kids help make them before hand or you can make the Rice Krispies prior and bring supplies for the kids to decorate the Rice Krispies sometime before or after Thanksgiving dinner. This will let the kids feel involved in the meal making process and give them something to do! 

Our relatives made out the Turkeys over the pumpkin pie. I thought the pumpkin pie was a cute idea but I guess it wasn't as obvious looking as the Turkeys. I'd love to see how your Rice Krispie Turkeys turned out. You can share a picture with me on Pinterest's "Tried It" or Facebook!

Pin for Later:

Rice Krispie, turkey, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving dessert, dessert, easy dessert, kids dessert, Rice Krispie turkey, turkey dessert, turkey food, food, Rice Krispie animal, Rice Krispie dessert

0 Comments