If Parents Wrote Candy Hearts they would say...

When I was little I loved candy hearts. Not because of their taste although I would always pick out the yellow and white ones, but because I loved their sayings. I thought it was so cool that they had words on them other than the brand name.

I use to say it would be a cool proposal if someone picked out all the "Marry Me" hearts and paired them with an engagement ring. My husband actually proposed doing something similar. He had "I love you" and "Marry Me" printed on M&M's, too cute, but that's besides the point.


Now that I'm a married and a mom, I'm not as excited about the sayings
on candy hearts. Companies have tried to modernize them by writing "Text Me", "LOL", "U Move Me", "Wink Wink","UR Hot", "U R A 10","(Happy Face)", "High Five", "Shake It", etc... on them.

All the others have lovey dovey sayings on them like "Hug Me", "Lets Kiss", "Love Bug", "Be Mine", "You Rock", "Yes Dear", "Me & You", "#1 Fan", "Love You", and I haven't seen a "Marry Me" one in years - that's not to say it isn't out there. 

I think it's safe to say the modernized hearts are boring and the lovey dovey hearts are now a little extreme, some are just plain creepy and most don't really apply to me at this stage in my life.

I think there should be a line of parent candy hearts written by mom and dads. 

#IfParentsWroteCandyHearts, candy hearts, Valentine's Day, conversation hearts, mom hearts, dad hearts, mom candy hearts, dad candy hearts, funny candy hearts, funny conversation hearts, parent conversational hearts, valentines day fun

No I don't really think this should be created but just for laughs, here is what I would write on my candy hearts:


Nice:
  • "I love our cuddles"
  • "I Love You"
  • "Daddy's Sweetheart"
  • "Mommy's Valentine"
  • "Hugs & Kisses"
  • "XOXO"
  • "Smile"
  • "I love you anyway"
  • "Great Job"
  • "So Pretty"

Realistic:
  • "Because I said so"
  • "Shhhhh"
  • "Don't eat that"
  • "Slobbery Kisses"
  • "This little piggy"
  • "What's Sleep?"
  • "Where's your shoe?"
  • "Take your nap"
  • "Stop Yelling"
  • "Be Nice"
  • "No TV"
  • "Hang up your Jacket"
  • "Clean Up"
  • "Dinner's Ready"
  • "IDK"
  • "You did what?"
  • "Where is it?"
  • "Eat your lunch"
  • "Not Again"
  • "Don't hit your brother"
  • "Put that back"
  • "Lose the attitude"
  • "It's Ok"
  • "It's just a scratch"
  • "Try Again"

I love my husband and my kids but if I give them candy with words on it I want it to be more meaningful, give them a hint to do something, or just make them laugh. Realistically I would never put these on a candy heart, except the nice ones of coarse, but theses are a few sayings that are always on repeat in my house.

Hopefully you enjoyed this post and got a laugh out of it. Comment below with what you'd write on your candy hearts. Please keep them clean!

Pin it for later:


#IfParentsWroteCandyHearts, candy hearts, Valentine's Day, conversation hearts, mom hearts, dad hearts, mom candy hearts, dad candy hearts, funny candy hearts, funny conversation hearts, parent conversational hearts, valentines day fun

0 Comments