Baby Footprint Ghost No Carve Pumpkin

I some how never wrote this post after my son was born, oops... better late then never right?

October 2016 I had my third baby. My family visited the pumpkin patch the week before he arrived and picked out a pumpkin for him. I had no idea what I was going to do with his pumpkin or even if  I was going to do anything with it but I wanted to have five pumpkins.

Not many people know this, but we were in and out of the hospital after my son was born due to health problems. We luckily got out right before Halloween and were able to decorate our pumpkins. 


My toddlers colored on their pumpkins then my husband took a drill to them to make a cool design. You can check out their drill pumpkins HERE.


For my two week old, I put some white paint on his feet and pressed them onto the pumpkin. Once it dried, I turned it into a ghost by drawing some eyes and a mouth on the foot prints.

I then personalized the pumpkin with his name and "My 1st Halloween".


The baby ghost footprints are very easy to make, all you need is: 
  • A pumpkin
  • White paint
  • A paint brush - I used a sponge brush
  • A black paint pen or sharpie
baby feet pumpkin, no carve pumpkin, halloween, pumpkin decorating

Paint your baby's foot and gently press it on the pumpkin. Wipe off the paint from the foot and repeat with baby's other foot. Let Dry.

I personally think the ghost would look better upside down with the heal at the top and the toes at the bottom of the pumpkin but I didn't think about it at the time. Either way it still looks like a ghost!

baby feet pumpkin, no carve pumpkin, halloween, pumpkin decorating

Once the paint is dry, give you ghost some eyes and a mouth.

Personalize your pumpkin however you'd like and set it out for all your neighbors and trick or treater  to see!

The ghost footprint pumpkin is super easy to make and is a cute, unique way to show that your new bundle of joy arrived! Like I said before, I think it would look better if the footprint was flipped but it still looks pretty cute and everyone still could tell it was little ghost feet on the pumpkin.

Let me know what you think in the comments below!

Halloween, ghost, ghost pumpkin, footprint pumpkin, baby footprint, baby footprint ghost, footprint ghost, baby footprint decor, baby footprint craft, pumpkin decorating, baby footprints, easy pumpkin decorating, pumpkin painting, personalize pumpkin, ghost pumpkin, baby ghost, baby ghost for prints, baby first pumpkin, no carve pumpkin, no carve, baby feet ghost, boo
pumpkin decorating, drill pumpkins, paint pumpkin, baby's first pumpkin, toddler pumpkin decorating,
no carve pumpkin, halloween, newborn pumpkin, baby feet ghost, baby feet

Above is my son with his first pumpkin. He wasn't in a good mood for that picture or the picture below of him with his pumpkin hat on before we carved the pumpkins. 

If you can't tell from the above picture, my son is dressed as Jack-Jack from The Incredibles. Our family went as the Incredibles in 2016 for Halloween. You can check out my super easy costume tutorial HERE!!!


You may also like:

0 Comments