How Bee-ing Mommy Began and the Challenges of Blogging

How Bee-ing Mommy Began, blog history, the challenges of blogging, blogging advice, blogging inspiration, blogging mistake, my biggest blogging mistake, why I blog

I have officially finished going through all my old posts and updating them to my new name, Bee-ing Mommy. It has been a long process but I am excited to sweep it under the rug and focus on my writing so expect more blog posts. In honor of my achievement I wanted to share with you a little history about how Bee-ing Mommy came about and it's former name, Daniz Designz.

My Blog's History
I  have always enjoyed crafting, designing and writing so one day I decided to start a blog. I came up with a name, a design and made my first post in February 2015. My blog started out as Daniz Designz.

Why Daniz Designz you may ask? Dani is obviously short for Danielle but why the "z's"? Well the "s's" were taken so I replaced them with the letter "Z" which is my husband's first initial. Since my husband plays a huge role in my life and is the inspiration behind several of the gift and date ideas I come up with, it only made since.

After blogging for two years I decided to take a BLOG-CATION. I kept staring at my blog and was not happy, I didn't know what to do or even where to begin. Blogging can be very time consuming and with three little ones I didn't have a lot of "time". While on my break from blogging I decided Daniz Designz needed a makeover thus becoming Bee-ing Mommy. Although I love the name Daniz Designz and the design I created, the name did not suit my niche so unfortunately, we had to part ways.


How Bee-ing Mommy Began
The last few months I was blogging as Daniz Designz the words "being mommy" kept popping in my head. I even started a word document called "Being Mommy" and started making notes that came to mind. I was unsure what I was suppose to do with it though.

After looking through my previous posts, I noticed several of them had to do with my children, my husband and all around being a mommy and a wife. Then it clicked and Bee-ing Mommy was born.

For those of you who are mothers and wives you know that you become very busy always running around chasing your kids and going from here to there which is how I came up with my new blog name, Bee-ing Mommy. The name Bee-ing Mommy is inspired by the sayings, "busy bees", "busy moms" and "being mommy".  My posts are of coarse inspired by my children and husband.

I transferred all my previous posts over and have worked long and hard to add my new logo to them but if you happen to stumble across a picture with a Daniz Designz watermark on it you now know why.


Why I Started Blogging
I started blogging because I wanted to be more than just a stay-at-home mom. I needed something to do to help keep my feet on the ground, make me feel sane and make me feel like me; something that was just mine. I have always loved crafting and designing since I can remember. I like the challenge of making something from nothing. Being creative comes natural to me and I wanted to put it to good use.

I was also tired of coming across tutorials that were all words with no pictures. I am personally a visual learner so I thought I would try to change that by taking tons of pictures and posting them to my blog to help inspire other visual learns.


My Inspiration
My husband and my children are my main inspiration behind Bee-ing Mommy. I have always been creative but without them I would not be a mother or a wife. I would not have messy little kiddos to make crafts for/with. I would not have a husband to make gifts for. I would not be on the search for new, fun and cheap family adventures. Without them I would not of started Bee-ing Mommy and I thank God for putting them in my life to inspire me.


My Worst Blogging Mistake
My worst blogging mistake was not creating social media accounts sooner. I never made social media accounts for my original blog and my subscription bar was only on my blog for a little bit. I didn't know much about blogging so I would basically write posts and share them on my personal Pinterest.

I built my blog up to over 20,000 monthly views. When I decided to change my blog name and design, I was able to transfer all my previous posts over but I lost 90% of my followers because I didn't have any social media accounts for them to follow me on and all my old pins linked to my old domain.

If you are a blogger, make sure to create at least one social media account for your blog.

Needless to say I made social media accounts and you are welcome to follow me:
Facebook  |   Pinterest  |  Instagram


What I find Most Challenging
The most challenging thing about blogging is to keep on going. When you start blogging you feel like you are speaking to crickets. When you gain a ton of followers, blogging can become very stressful and time consuming. What started out as a fun hobby is now an all day everyday job.

The best thing I did for my blog was to step away and taking a BLOG-CATION (break from blogging). Although my blog was finally taking off, I was not happy. On my break I realized I still wanted to blog so this time I got serious, re-branded my blog, changed the name to Bee-ing Mommy and created social media accounts.

Although I lost all my viewers and am back to square one, I am happier with my blog. I look at my blog and like what I see. I like knowing that I am helping inspire someone to be creative and if I gave up when blogging became stressful, I never would of had my new blog.

If blogging becomes challenging, it is okay to take a break, find your inspiration again and keep on blogging!  DON'T GIVE UP.


My Advice
My advice to you is to go for it! You will never know if you can unless you try. If you love writing and have something to say, start a blog. I recommend to go into blogging for fun and with your eyes wide open. Yes there are several success stories out there but not every blog is successful so make sure it is something you enjoy doing. 

I personally blog for fun because it helps me stay sane and allows me to share my crafts with others. If I make $$$ then awesome, but I will tell you that blogging is a lot of work and can be very time consuming especially if your blog does take off so make sure to keep an open mind and remember it is okay to take a step back and DON'T GIVE UP on your dreams. 


One of the best things you can do to help out a blogger is to follow them on social media and/or share their posts with your friends. Let's be friends and help me follow my dream!

0 Comments