Father's Day Gift: Hooked on You

Father's Day Gift, fishing, candy tackle box, fishing gift, fishing theme gift, fathers day, fathers day gift, fishing theme fathers day gift, hooked on you, candy tackle box, hand print fish, fish gift, fisherman gift, daddy gift, father gift, gift for him

Since Father's Day is just around the corner I thought I would share with you what I gave my husband last Father's Day for his first official Father's Day. Last year I planned on giving my husband a fishing pole, tackle box, candy tackle box and some art work my daughter and I made for him but I didn't quite get to get it all because a week before Father's Day my husband kept talking about wanting to go fishing. We decided that we were going to go fishing because it was a beautiful day so I gave him the tackle box with all fishing supplies in it early so we didn't have to spend more money on supplies when I already had a bunch hidden in the closet then we made a trip to the store to buy some fishing poles because I hadn't gotten that far yet - I still had a week.  So he got part of his Father's Day gift a week early and the rest on that Sunday but it all worked out. We really need to stop thinking alike, I guess that means we are perfect for each other.

Hand Print Fish Card
For the art work, I traced my daughter and my hands onto construction paper and cut them out. I created an underwater scene using blue construction paper for the water and green for the moss/sea weed at the bottom of a lake. Using a glue stick, I glued the hands on and drew faces on them. I made little hooks using yellow paper to go with the saying "We're Hooked on you!". I think it turned out pretty cute and we still have it saved. If you have more than one child you can easily add more hand prints and more hooks or just get a bugger piece of construction paper.

Other possible sayings:

  • "We're hooked on you." - I used
  • "Happy Father's Day to our favorite catch."
  • "You have o-fish-ially stolen our hearts."
  • "You tackled our hearts."
There are tons of love sayings you can write as well but these are some of the father like sayings.

fish hand prints, fathers day gift, Father's Day, hooked on you, we're hooked on you, fathers day, fishing gift, kids handprint gift, handprint fish, baby father's day gift, father's day handprint gift, easy father's day gift, DIY father's day gift, hand print gift, hand print fish, father's day card, DIY Father's day card, kid hand print fish, hand print fish card, DIY card,

Candy Tackle Box
For the candy tackle box, I bought a clear tackle box at Walmart for close to $5. (They have clear ones in the arts and crafts section meant for organizing beads for about $2 but they don't lock shut.) I filled it with candy related to fishing and labeled it with what the candy resembled.  I made labels and taped them on the tackle box for easy removal.

Here is a list of the candy and labels I used:
  • Reese's Pieces - Weights (I sorted them by colors)
  • Cherry Sours - Bobbers
  • Gummy Worms - Bait
  • Swedish Fish - Bait
  • Gummy Sharks - Lures

Some other possible examples:
  • Gold Fish - bait
  • Pretzel Sticks - rods
  • Twizzlers - rods
  • Sour Straws - fishing line/wire
  • Gummy Frogs - lures
  • Gummy Octopus - lures
  • M&M's - weights
  • Skittles - weights
  • Sweet Tarts - weights
  • Sprees - weights
  • Nerds - fish food

Candy Tackle Box, gift for him, fathers day gift, fishing gift, fishing candy, candy tackle box,  fishing candy tackle box, daddy tackle box

I wish I had a better picture of the candy tackle box but I didn't have this blog when I made this gift, Sorry.

You can use paint pen, puff paint or sharpie and write the labels on the tackle box along with the saying "We're/I'm hooked on you". I wanted my husband to be able to use the tackle box for whatever he wanted so I didn't write on it. You can also use any kind of candy you want and come up with your own labels. Be creative and use candy your significant other likes so they will enjoy the candy tackle box all the more. Feel free to comment with some other candy labels that go with fishing.

You might also like this lottery ticket "D-A-D" poster I made, check it out HERE.

0 Comments