Father's Day Gift: Lottery Tickets

Father's Day is Sunday and if you are running short on time or forgot, I have the perfect gift for you.  We bought an expensive tool set a few weeks ago so decided that would be my husband's Father's Day gift this year but anyone who knows me knows that I would feel awful if I didn't have something to give my husband on Father's Day so I made him something small that I know he is going to love not only because we have a running joke about how he is going to win the lottery and we will become millionaires and I always say "you have to buy a ticket first honey". Since my children are little, it is hard to do anything fancy with them so once I wrote the words, I let my daughter scribble all over a poster board the best she could and here is the finished gift:

Lucky to have a dad like you, Father's Day, Father's Day Gift, lottery ticket gift idea, gift for him, lottery ticket gift, lottery ticket gifts, fathers day gift, fast fathers day gift, toddler fathers day gift, toddler Father's Day gift, lottery ticket gift for him, quick gift for him, quick gift for dad, fast gift for dad, Father's Day, Gift for Father's Day, DIY gift, DIY gift for him, DIY Father's Day gift, DIY Toddler gift for dad, Lucky to have a dad like you saying, man gift, man gifts, man gift ideas, gifts for dad, toddler gift for dad, dad gift, lucky to have you, happy father's day, lottery tickets, lotto ticket gift, daddy gift, toddler dad gift, last minute gift, last minute Father's day gift

All you need is a poster board, markers, some lottery tickets and tape. 

I grabbed a poster board we had sitting around and let my one and a half year old color on it. Some how she managed to miss the poster and colored all over the door and bookcase... oops... 

I then wrote "We are LUCKY to have a DAD like you! Happy Father's Day, we love you!" on the poster board. I recommend writing this before your child colors on the poster board because the crayon wax acts as a coat and makes it harder for the marker to soak into the paper.

Next I put a small piece of tape on the back of the lottery tickets and taped them to the poster board spelling out D-A-D. I used ten(10) $1 lottery tickets and two(2) $2 tickets but you can use whatever lottery tickets you'd like. I had originally planned on using four $1 tickets to make the D's but the left over ticket didn't make a pretty A so I had to come up with a different lottery ticket order to make it spell out D-A-D. If you buy fourteen(14) $1 tickets you can make D-A-D in all caps.

Finally, you give it to your husband on Father's Day and hope that at least one of the tickets is a WINNER!

This gift is fast and easy to make for all you last minute gift givers. You can easily spell out M-O-M with lottery tickets if you'd like to make one that says, "We are LUCKY to have a MOM like you." instead. Don't forget to make this gift your own. You can draw, scribble, paint, or use a different saying. Happy Father's Day & May the odds be in your favor.

Not the best picture because they all just woke up and my phone takes horrible pictures but here are my two children with their daddy on Father's Day.

0 Comments