Spiderman Inspired Birthday Party

My son turned five last year. He loves Spiderman. He has Spiderman bedding, Spiderman toys, clothes, stuffed Spiderman's, and has gone as Spiderman the last two years for Halloween so when I asked him what he wanted to do for his fifth birthday, it came as no surprise that he wanted a Spiderman party so of coarse I threw him a Spiderman party and I am so glad I did.

I planned the party, invied the family down, had a great time celebrating, and then the following week, the state went into lockdown because of Covid-19 so it was quite some time before we got to see the family again. My son's birthday was a great last get-together that we took for granite not knowing it may of been our last get-together for a while. 

Spiderman saying, Spiderman decor, Spiderman decoration, Spiderman party, Spiderman birthday party

If you have been following my blog then you know I love to throw DIY parties. That doesn't mean I don't buy anything for the party, that just means that I try to party plan on a budget by using things I already have or by making things to cut down on the cost. While I splurged and bought a "Happy Birthday" banner and a balloon (I think I spent a  whopping $4 on them), I made the rest of the decorations or used items I already had. Since the boys have a superhero themed bedroom, I was able to use their bedroom decorations and toys for the party!

The Food
Every time I throw a party, I like to try to match the party food to the party theme. It was a fun challenge coming up with food ideas for a Spiderman inspired party. If you are throwing a Spiderman inspired party you can do a few things when it comes to food. 

1. Do nothing, buy whatever food you want
2. Make everything look like a spider or a web
3. Make and buy only red and blue foods
4. Add fun words or sayings to the food to make it match your theme

Spiderman party, Spiderman birthday, Spiderman party food, Spiderman food, Spiderman food ideas

We decided to try to make our food look like a spider web and tried to incorporate red and blue foods as well. For the foods that didn't look like a spider web, I stuck an action word on the food to make it work. It was harder than we thought it would be to come up with Spiderman inspired food but we did it and came up with several fun food ideas!

Spiderman party, Spiderman birthday, Spiderman party food, Spiderman food, Spiderman food ideas, spider food, spider party food, web food, superhero party, superhero party food,


The party food consisted of:
  • Pizza - you can put the pepperoni in shape of a spider or web
  • Vegetable Tray & Dip with the word CRUNCH  - carrots, cucumbers, celery, oranges, cheese sticks
  • Chocolate Chip Cookies with the word ZAP - I used a tooth pick to make the chocolate chips look like spiders
  • Red and Blue Jello with the word BANG
  • Superhero Go-Gurts with the word BANG
  • Fruit Platter with Strawberries and Blueberries - we used fruit dip to make the fruit tray look like a spider web
  • Deviled Eggs - my grandmother brought them because the birthday boy loves them. You can easily decorate the eggs with black olives to make them look like spiders.
  • Cupcake Tower

   

Spiderman party, superhero party, Spiderman birthday, Spiderman birthday food, Spiderman party food, Spiderman party decoration, crunch platter, vegetable tray

Spiderman party, superhero party, Spiderman birthday, Spiderman birthday food, Spiderman party food, Spiderman party decoration, spider cookies, halloween cookies, Spiderman cookies

Spiderman party, superhero party, Spiderman birthday, Spiderman birthday food, Spiderman party food, Spiderman party decoration,

Spiderman party, superhero party, Spiderman birthday, Spiderman birthday food, Spiderman party food, Spiderman party decoration, halloween food, fruit tray, spider food, spider web fruit tray

Some other possible food ideas:
  • "Peter Parker's" Pizza
  • Mini Pizzas with Black Olives in the shape of spiders
  • "Venom" Berries
  • Popcorn or Popcorn mix with the word POP
  • Chips with the word CRUNCH
  • Pasta Salad - dye the noodles red and blue
  • Anything with red and blue sprinkles on it
  • Chocolate Covered Pretzels - dye the chocolate red and blue
  • Red Rice Krispie Treats - you can decorate with an icing spider or spider rings
  • Donuts decorated with red and blue icing
  • Cranberry Muffins

I bought red and blue plates and napkins to serve the food on. I used a Spiderman action figure to hold the napkins. 

Spiderman party, Spiderman birthday, Spiderman decoration, Superhero party, superhero napkin holder

The Cupcakes
We made funfetti cupcakes with homemade icing. My husband dyed the icing red and blue. For some reason the food dye didn't mix into the icing very well and had a grainy effect, but it kind of made the cupcakes look cool. 

Spiderman party, Spiderman birthday party, Spiderman cupcakes, Spiderman cake, spider cupcakes, halloween cupcakes, spider web cupcakes

I decorated half of the cupcakes with red icing and attempted to use black icing to make a spider web on top. The other half of the cupcakes got blue icing. I printed out "5" and "Happy Birthday", taped them to tooth picks and stuck them in the cupcakes as cupcake toppers. I attempted to use black icing and add a few spiders to some of the blue cupcakes as well.

Spiderman party, Spiderman birthday party, Spiderman cupcakes, Spiderman cake, spider cupcakes, halloween cupcakes, spider web cupcakes


The Beverages
We had a few different beverages for the guest. You can have any beverage that works for you and your party. We had:
  • McDonald's Sweet Tea by the Gallon
  • Red Punch with the word AMAZING aka "Amazing Spiderman"
  • Pop/Soda with the word POP

Some other beverage ideas:
  • "Green Goblin" Punch - Green Punch
  • "Radio Active" Water or Punch
  • Anything Red 
  • Anything Blue

Spiderman party, Spiderman birthday party, Spiderman punch, Amazing Spiderman punch, superhero party, superhero punch

Spiderman party, Spiderman birthday party, superhero party, superhero drinks, superhero party drinks

The Game - Silly String Web Shooting
I cut a piece of large black paper, taped it to the wall, and drew a spider web on the paper with chalk. I also drew a red and blue spider on the web. I called the game Web Shooting - so original I know!

web shooting game, easy game, DIY game, Spider web game, Spiderman party game, superhero party game, dollar tree game, silly string game, halloween game, spider game, easy kids birthday party game,

I bought silly string from the Dollar Tree for all the kiddos attending. They each took turns trying to shoot the spider with their web (silly string). Once they each got a turn, they all sprayed the rest of their webs at the spider web. The kids had a blast slinging their webs at the paper and they succeeded in getting the spider!

We removed the paper after the game was done because the silly string wet the paper so we were afraid it was going to stain our wall. Better safe than sorry!

web shooting game, easy game, DIY game, Spider web game, Spiderman party game, superhero party game, dollar tree game, silly string game, halloween game, spider game, easy kids birthday party game,

The Decorations
My boys have a Superhero bedroom theme so I was able to use their bedroom decorations and superhero toys to help decorate the party.

Spiderman party, Spiderman birthday, Spiderman party decorations, Spiderman birthday decorations, superhero party, DIY party, DIY party decorations

I used my letter board sign as a decoration with the saying, "I'm not saying I am Spiderman but have you seen use together?" along with some pictures I took of my son the previous year dressed as Spiderman to decorate the boys bedroom with. 

Spiderman saying, Spiderman decor, Spiderman decoration, Spiderman party, Spiderman birthday party

I bought a "Happy Birthday" banner from Walmart to hang. I also found a foil Spiderman balloon in the clearance aisle for $1. I hung their "Superhero Headquarters" door hanger on the front door for guest to see when they entered the party.

superhero headquarters door hanger, boys room door hanger, superhero door hanger

I ran red streamers from wall to wall to look kind of like webs. You can hang the streamers in the shape of a web if you'd like. The streamer web would work best in a corner. I used my son's Spiderman room decorations, plushes, and action figures to help decorate around the rest of the house.

Spiderman party, Spiderman birthday, Spiderman party decorations, Spiderman birthday decorations,

I created signs that said "bang", "pow", "boom", "zap", "wham!" and other superhero action type words. Printed them out and hung them above the food. I also used some of the signs as food and beverage labels such as "pop" with the pop or "crunch" with the crunchy food.

*** You can print the word signs & "Happy Birthday" cupcake labels 
I made for FREE HERE!!! ***

superhero words, superhero food labels

Overall it was a really good party. My son got lots of toys from Spiderman legos to board games to a construction fort. My son really enjoyed his birthday party! On his actual birthday (the next day), we surprised him by taking him to I-Hop and splurged by letting the kids pick out which cereal pancake they wanted. The cereal pancakes were super sweet but a fun meal to try once. I hope this party helps inspire your Superhero or Spiderman themed party. 



Pin for later:
Spiderman party, Spiderman birthday party, superhero party, DIY Spiderman party, superhero party food, Spiderman party food, Spiderman decoration ideas, Spiderman game idea, boys party, boys party theme, DIY party


5 Comments

  1. Ahhh! I am stealing every single idea! This is fabulous and exactly what my son wants. Do you have the file for the little signs you made (crunch! pow! pop! etc.) that you'd be willing to share??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love it! I added a link above the image of the words in the Decorations section on this post so you can print the words for FREE! Hope it works and your little one has a blast at their party!

      Delete
  2. Hi, bit of a strange one. Firstly thanks for your blog; I have picked up some useful ideas. But the reason for me reaching out is because it seems your sons picture has been used by a seller on amazon and I just wanted to check that if this is the case that you are aware. Search spidey party supplies. I also have a picture but unsure how to send. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, no I was not aware. I searched and can't find it. Can you please comment the link below so I can check it out? Thank you for informing me.

      Delete
    2. I found it, hopefully it's the same one. Thank you for letting me know. I don't understand why people steal images that aren't theirs.

      Delete