10 Pinterest Recipes the whole Family will Love

food, dinner recipes, recipe, easy dinner, family dinner, food whole family will eat, food whole family will love, what's for dinner, Pinterest recipes, yummy dinner, different dinner, meal planning, quick dinner, dinner round up, week of meals, eat

I don't know about you and your family but my family eats dinner together at the table every evening. Yes my kids are still young and not currently involved in sports so we are able to all be home and eat together for dinner time.

I know life gets in the way, sports games run all evening, you get called in for a last minute meeting or are just to tired to cook dinner. Even if you grab dinner to go or warm up leftovers, I believe that families should always do their best to have dinner together. 

Dinner is a great way for you to talk to your children and spouse - ask about their day, what's new, life in general. Put the phone on silent, turn the TV off and take a few minutes to enjoy dinner together as a family. 

That being said, my husband loves to cook. He usually is the one cooking dinner for all of us to enjoy. He works all day, comes home and cooks dinner. I offer but he says he enjoys cooking to much. I sometimes feel like that is a nice way of saying I am not a good cook although everything I've made seems to taste good... I just don't always follow recipes so I have trouble recreating the meal again.

Sometimes meals are a hit and other times they are a miss. Everyone has different tastes in food and prefers different things to eat so it's sometimes hard to please everyone, especially when there are five, soon to be six, of us. 

We always try to change up what we eat although the typical burgers, hot dogs, pizza, chicken strips, tacos, and pasta find there way into our evening meals at least once or twice a week.

I have some family go to meals such as Chicken & Dumplings, Mears Sheppards Pie, Chicken Crescents, Chicken Pot Pie and Broccoli Soup to name a few more of our go to dinners but Pinterest is our go to for fun and new meal ideas.

Both my husband and I have a Pinterest and we both find recipes we want to try. If we don't like the recipe once one of us has made it, it gets deleted so we don't make it again. Pinterest is full of recipes for every occasion. If you don't have one, you should check it out! Follow me if you'd like!

Here is a list of some of our go to Pinterest recipes that my whole family enjoys - yes that includes my three toddlers!


*Click the recipe title to be redirected to the recipes. I am NOT affiliated with the blogs/websites shared. All opinions are my own. Please see my full disclosure for more information.

food, dinner recipes, recipe, easy dinner, family dinner, food whole family will eat, food whole family will love, what's for dinner, Pinterest recipes, yummy dinner, different dinner, meal planning, quick dinner, dinner round up, week of meals, eat

My husband only makes the sauce in this recipe. He makes some boxed Mac & Cheese, warms up some frozen chicken strips in a bag and pours the sauce over the chicken strips. You can make it all from scratch it you prefer but it definitely saves time using frozen chicken strips.

To be honest this recipe never looked good to me, but it sure does taste good. My kiddos request this recipe often!

honey pepper chicken with mac & cheese, honey pepper chicken, recipe, food, dinner


This casserole is addicting. My husband made it and we all loved it. I made it once when my siblings where down and they all loved it too. It's pretty easy to make and taste really good. We usually make the casserole with a mix of can chicken and cooked chicken breast. Dump everything in a casserole pan and bake!


3. Cheesy Chicken Melts
This is one of my go to meals when my husband works late. It is easy to make and surprisingly taste good. It can be messy to eat and the kids always look at it and ask if they like it but always end up asking for more. I usually skip the poppy seeds because we don't have any and use two cans of chicken instead to save on time, but I'm sure it would taste even better with cooked chicken.


4. Skyline Dip & Chips
This isn't the healthiest dinner and you may consider this an appetizer but on lazy nights we have had this as dinner. It is super easy to make and the kids love it. Last time we made it they cheered when they found out what was for dinner. We hadn't had it in a while so I was surprised they remembered it. I think they just like dipping the chips in the dip but as long as they eat it, it's all good. I will usually pair it with a fruit or salad to try to make it more "meal like".

I believe the recipe is on a can of Skyline dip as well but the link is how we make it. You can use Gold Star or other canned chili but Skyline taste better in my opinion. You can also add onions to it but we skip that part.


5. Sprite Chicken (Crockpot Meal)
This is a go to for lazy days and parties! You can eat it as is with sides but we prefer to cut up the chicken and put it on some Hawaiian Rolls with toppings to make Sprite Chicken Sliders. My go to toppings are cheese, mayo, ketchup and pickles. It can be messy but every time the kids eat it I hear "Yummy" and I'd have to agree!

sprite chicken, crockpot recipe, easy dinner, recipe, food

6. Cubano Chicken
Chicken, Ham, Cheese, and Pickles rolled up and cooked, yum! This recipe taste great paired with honey mustard. My husband skips the pickles in his but I think it adds to the flavor.


7. Mayo Chicken
I believe the original recipe title is more specific but we call it Mayo Chicken because that's pretty much what it is, chicken topped in mayo and cheese. This recipe is very easy to prepare and the mayo covered chicken actually taste pretty good once cooked.


8. World's Best Chicken
This recipe title is a little cocky so I like to call it Dijon Chicken. It's not the best chicken in the world but it is pretty good. I like to cut up some potatoes, season them, lay the dipped chicken on top and  then pour the extra sauce over everything and cook. I'm not sure if this is a fan favorite with the kiddos but they do eat it without complaining.

I don't always have the exact ingredients so tend to use honey mustard sometimes mixed with a little spicy mustard and apple cider vinegar in place of the dijon mustard and red wine vinegar.


9. Garbage Can
My husband and I have made several different versions of this recipe. This specific recipe is for a Buffalo Chicken Garbage Can but we like to just call it a Garbage Can because we dump whatever we have that's on the verge of going bad (pasta sauce, pineapples, olives, etc...) in it along with some chicken and bake it. Pasta Sauce makes it more like a calzone/pizza roll up tasting where as hot sauce (I prefer Buffalo Wild Wings Sauce in it) and ranch makes it taste completely different.

We always use a pizza crust dough, one or two cans of chicken, shredded cheese and bake according to the pizza crust directions. Everything else we dump into the Garbage Can changes but we try to pair things that go together so it doesn't end up tasting like garbage.


10. Creamy Caribbean Chicken & Rice
The first time I made this I gave it to my daughter who was two at the time. She ate it all, kept saying "yum" and wanted more. Needless to say it was also a hit with the husband. This isn't a meal we make all the time but when we do make it, the kids always ask for seconds. It is a fast and easy meal to make and the best part is you can add whatever toppings you want to better suit your family's taste.

creamy caribbean chicken and rice, dinner, recipe, easy dinner, food

These are some of our go to Pinterest recipes that the whole family enjoys. Most of the recipes are pretty healthy, especially if you pair it with healthy sides. Several of the recipes don't take a super long time to make which is always a plus if you have a busy lifestyle.

Hopefully your family will enjoy these recipes as much as my family does. Of coarse we change up the recipes when needed, add or substitute ingredients to better suit my family's taste or to just make the recipe not take as much time - can chicken, bagged chicken - so keep that in mind when reading through the recipes. If you don't like something, change it! Overall I think these recipes are worth a try, especially if you are looking for something new to have for dinner.

We love trying new and fun family recipes so feel free to share your favorite family friendly recipe in the comments below!


Pin for later:
food, dinner recipes, recipe, easy dinner, family dinner, food whole family will eat, food whole family will love, what's for dinner, Pinterest recipes, yummy dinner, different dinner, meal planning, quick dinner, dinner round up, week of meals, eat

0 Comments