Father's Day Chalk Art Picture Book


For Father's Day last year I made my husband a Shutterfly book full of pictures of him and the kids. The kids and I took some Awesome Chalk Art Pictures ahead of time and I used the chalk pictures as the featured image and tried to match the other pictures to the theme of the chalk picture (sports, nature, magical, love, music)

On the blank pages at the beginning of the book I used paint to put my kids handprints along with hearts made from their thumb prints.

Chalk art, DIY book, gift, gift idea, Mother's Day gift, Father's Day gift, Shutterfly book, personalized gift, photo collage gift, photo book layout, personalized gift, holiday, photo gift, photo book idea, themed gift, hand print art

On a few pages I wrote a sentence and had the kids fill it in. My kids were all under the age of four so their answers are pretty basic but still cute!

Here are a few of the pages with words on them:

Chalk art, DIY book, gift, gift idea, Mother's Day gift, Father's Day gift, Shutterfly book, personalized gift, photo collage gift, photo book layout, personalized gift, holiday, photo gift, photo book idea, themed gift,
Chalk art, DIY book, gift, gift idea, Mother's Day gift, Father's Day gift, Shutterfly book, personalized gift, photo collage gift, photo book layout, personalized gift, holiday, photo gift, photo book idea, themed gift,
Chalk art, DIY book, gift, gift idea, Mother's Day gift, Father's Day gift, Shutterfly book, personalized gift, photo collage gift, photo book layout, personalized gift, holiday, photo gift,

I wanted the book to be full of pictures so I tried to make the pictures as big as I could while still trying to fit all the pictures on the pages. Every other set of pages had quotes from my kids about their daddy. The in between sets of pages were full of just pictures. I thought the words made the book more personal but at the same time I tried to keep the words to a minimum so the chalk art pictures would stand out.

Here are a few of the pages full of pictures:

Chalk art, DIY book, gift, gift idea, Mother's Day gift, Father's Day gift, Shutterfly book, personalized gift, photo collage gift, photo book layout, personalized gift, holiday, photo gift, photo book idea, themed gift,
Chalk art, DIY book, gift, gift idea, Mother's Day gift, Father's Day gift, Shutterfly book, personalized gift, photo collage gift, photo book layout, personalized gift, holiday, photo gift,

As you can tell I kept the same layout on the pages with the chalk pictures - large picture with quotes or large picture with three pictures below it. 

I ended the book with a blooper real of pictures that were complete fails due to it "being to sunny" out or the kids being tired of taking pictures. I spread the picture taking out on purpose but if you have more than one kid you know how hard it is to get them all to smile at once. I couldn't help but laugh at some of the failed attempts at trying to get the "perfect" picture.

Chalk art, DIY book, gift, gift idea, Mother's Day gift, Father's Day gift, Shutterfly book, personalized gift, photo collage gift, photo book layout, personalized gift, holiday, photo gift, photo book back cover ideas

Overall I think the book turned out awesome. I think this is one of my favorite gifts to date! It took some planning and if you've ever made a Shutterfly book, you know it can be a little time consuming  but it was well worth it. I also had a coupon for a free 8x8 book so I only had to pay $8 for shipping. You can't beat an $8 Father's Day gift as awesome and meaningful as this!

I made this book for my husband for Father's Day but you could easily make it for Mother's Day, a birthday, Christmas, or even for a grandparent by simply changing the wording in the pictures.

I hope you enjoyed this gift as much as my husband and I did! Sorry some of the pictures are dark, it's hard to take a picture of a picture. 

You can check out all the Chalk Art Pictures HERE

When you try to get a cute picture of the kids with their daddy on Father's Day and end up with this...

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. Thanks for all you do and Thanks for "helping" make us a mom!

Pin for later:
Chalk art, DIY book, gift, gift idea, Mother's Day gift, Father's Day gift, Shutterfly book, personalized gift, photo collage gift, photo book layout, personalized gift, holiday, photo gift, photo book idea, themed gift,

0 Comments