Today I will hold my baby...

Today I will sit here and I will hold my baby. To some that may not mean anything but to me it is everything. When my baby was born he "supposedly" had a milk protein allergy and was not breastfed like my other two so I missed out on all the cuddles and all the love. I missed out on the mommy and me connection you make when you breastfeed your child. 

My son rarely cuddles and rarely falls asleep on me so when he does I'm going to hold him probably longer than I should. I sometimes lay him in his bed or on the couch. Occasionally I make him hold out a little longer for lunch.

I usually take moments like this for granted. I have a million things on my to-do list. It's lunchtime and I'm hungry. I have laundry to fold, a bed to make, a house to clean and I need to get ready myself. But today I will hold my baby. 

I will hold him because I don't know when the next time I'll get to hold him like this is. Even though he's newly two he loves to do what he wants and loves to sleep in his bed with his plush toy. My baby has quickly turned into a toddler and before I know it he will be a teen. So today I will hold my baby because one day he won't want to be held or at least not by his mom.

Today I will hold my baby because I love my baby and my baby loves me. Today I will hold my baby because I want to remember moments like this. Today I will hold my baby because my baby wants to be held.

Today in the mix of everything with my hair a mess I put my to-do list on hold and I held my chocolate chapstick smelling baby while he slept and I cherished every minute of it. 

Make time for the ones you love. Cherish the little moments while you still can because time flies and before you know it your baby won't be a baby any more.

Your to-do list can wait til tomorrow. Today, hold your baby. If your baby is grown, a simple hug will do. Let your loved ones know they are loved.

Today I will hold my baby, cherish little moments, mom life, hold your baby, little moments, mom moments, being mommy

0 Comments