Bubble Birthday Cake

My daughter recently turned two and for her second Birthday we decided to have a Bubble themed Birthday party, a "Bubble Bash".  I made a simple, double layered, round chocolate cake and decorated the cake with Sixlets to make it look like bubbles. The Bubble Birthday Cake was super easy to make. I think the cake turned out pretty cute and it matched the bubble theme perfect. You can make this cake match any color scheme you want. It could also work for a polka-dot themed party as well.

easy cake, bubble cake, bubble cake tutorial, DIY cake, DIY bubble cake, homemade cake, dot cake, polka dot cake, circle cake, cake decorating, cake decor, birthday cake, bubble birthday party, birthday cake tutorial, easy birthday cake

The Cake
I used a box cake for this cake. I replaced the water with milk and the vegetable oil with butter to make the cake taste more like a homemade cake. I baked the cake in two circle pans. Once the cakes were done baking I layered them on top of each other.


The Icing
I melted a container of icing in the microwave for a few seconds and poured it over the cake. This was an easy and fast way of icing the cake, plus the icing smooths out and looks a lot better than it would of if I had iced the cake using a knife. Once the cake is covered, wipe off the excess icing that will be around the edge of the plate.


The Decorations
I used a small bag of Sixlets: purple, blue, white and silver to decorate the cake. I placed the Sixlets all over the cake until I was satisfied. You may have to use a little extra icing on the side of the cake to help the Sixlets from sliding.

I then printed out colored circles with my daughter's name and age on them, attached them to cocktail stirs and stuck them in the cake for decorations.

easy cake, bubble cake, bubble cake tutorial, DIY cake, DIY bubble cake, homemade cake, dot cake, polka dot cake, circle cake, cake decorating, cake decor, birthday cake, bubble birthday party, birthday cake tutorial, easy birthday cake

I wanted my daughter to have her own special cake as well so I used some of the cake batter and made a cup cake just for her. I covered the entire cupcake with icing and decorated the cupcake with a few Sixlets as well and a candle for her to blow out.


Like I said before, the Bubble Birthday cake was super easy to make and it matched the bubble theme perfect. You can make the cake match almost any theme from bubbles to polka dots to rainbows, etc. I think the cake turned out pretty cute if I say so myself.

Check out my daughter's Bubble Bash Birthday Party to find out more food and decoration ideas for a bubble party!

0 Comments