30 Things to do in my 30's Bucket List

bucket list, list, goals, 30 before 30, 30 things to do in my 30's, 30 things to do, thirties bucket list, life goals, 30 things to do before 30, thirty things to do in my thirties, travel, family bucket list, life goals, to do list, to-do,

December is my half birthday. Yay!!!! No, I don't celebrate my half birthday but in about a year in a half, I will be 30 so I thought it was the perfect time to share 30 things I'd like to do in my 30's. Getting older isn't something that really bothers me or at least not yet even though I'm not that old. My 20's have been filled with new and exciting adventures. I married my college love, gave birth to my three four beautiful children, and started my blog. I'm looking forward to seeing what my 30's include. 

As a stay-at-home mom, I don't get much time to myself which means it is hard to get "me time" to do the things I want to do. I was originally going to write a post of 30 things to do before turning 30 but the things I want to do I can't realistically do in a year-in-a-half so I changed it. A year-in-a-half may sound like a lot of time, but time flies by ten times faster with kids, especially when you have three toddlers so I'm hoping I will be able to mark most of these things off my list over the next decade. 

Since the big 3-0 will be here before I know it, here is a list of 30 things to do in my 30's. I figured I'd shared it now since I don't know where life will take me this next year-in-a-half and with it out in the open, I'm more likely to work towards accomplishing my goals. I'd love to mark everything off my list and hopefully I will succeed but we shall see. 


Here's my list in no particular order:

1. Visit Jamaica
Jamaica is where I wanted to go on my honeymoon but we couldn't afford it at the time, plus we didn't want to leave our five-month old so we put it on the back burner. We are hoping to make it to Jamaica for our tenth anniversary which is also the letter "J" so it works out perfectly. 

☑️ 2. Get a Pet - *July 2021
I have currently vetoed all pets because I don't want the extra responsibility of taking care of three toddlers and a pet but I want my kids to have the experience of taking care of a pet so I hope to one day get a pet, even if it's just a fish.

*We bought 6 hens in July of 2021. The next summer we ended up with a few more. Chicken math is real for those considering buying and raising chickens.


☑️ 3. Learn a New Hobby 
I have always loved crafting and making things. I am pretty versatile when it comes to creativity. I can sew, baking, paint, draw, craft, photography, graphic design, etc. In my 20's I picked up blogging and I am still working on pursuing that hobby so I'm wondering what new hobby I will learn in my 30's. Possibilities off the top of my head: knitting, nature photography, cake decorating.

*I am currently learning about gardening, herbs, and medicinal herbs. I have joined an herb club in 2023 and am doing my best to learn about all the plants and food God has supplied us with. I am currently most excited about a peach tree I've grown from seed.

4. Become a Better Photographer
I remember going out on the farm using a disposable camera to take pictures when I was I kid. I have always loved taking pictures and still do. I currently take pictures of my kids, friends, and family when needed but I would love to learn how to take better pictures with my new lenses without having to edit them as much. 

5. Write a Book
I have had several book ideas, both children and adult, over the last few years I just haven't had the time to sit down and write a book so hopefully I will find time to make one of my ideas come to life even if I only decide to share it with my family. 

6. Read More Often
I have never been much of a reader. I somehow was top of my AP Lit class in high school without reading a single book. No idea how that worked out, I guess my writing skills made up for my lack of reading. I went through a phase right after college when I asked for books for my birthday and my family went nuts. I received four books, read two of them, one is still sitting on the shelf and the other I read half of it and finished it three years later because I wanted to watch the series that was released on it.  I would love to start reading more books and more blog posts than I already do.

☑️ 7. Concert -*June 22, 2023
I have been to a handful of concerts in my life but would like to go to a few more. In case my husband reads this, a few artists I'd be open to seeing in concert are: Brantley Gilbert, Ed Sheeran, Thomas Rhett, Rascal Flats, Marianas Trench again, ... I'll add to it when I can think of more. No bashing on my picks, we all have a different taste in music!

* My husband surprised me with concert tickets for my 33rd birthday. We went to the Home Team Tour Concert 2023 - Nate Smith, Cole Swindell, & Thomas Rhett. We had a blast listening to some of our favorite country songs.


8. Have a Steady Income
I have had a handful of jobs pre-babies but every time I started looking for a job I found out I was expecting again. With the cost of daycare for three little ones, it was cheaper for me to stay at home with the kids. Over the next few years, the kids will be in school full day and hopefully I can find a job, start a business or work from home. 

☑️ 9. Buy a Bigger House - July 30, 2020
Our three bedroom house was perfect when we first moved in but our family grew a lot faster than we planned so we are slowly running out of room. I would love a bigger house with 4+ bedrooms so I can have a craft room. My dream is to build a one story ranch with a basement but I don't see that happening anytime soon. 


10. Disney World
Last time I visited Disney World I was thirteen. I would love to take my kids to Disney World when they are a little bit older so we get the most out of our experience and they will remember it. 

11. Exercise more Often
For the last two years, I have had it in the back of my head that I am going to start exercising more often and lose some of the weight I gained from my horrible birth control experience and strengthen my back so I don't throw it out again. I don't want to become exercise obsessed but I'd love to do something besides just going for walks.

12. Go to a Zumba Class
I've always wanted to go to a Zumba class. I tried to get my roommate to go with me in college but that was a no go. Maybe I'll check out one of the free classes at the library.

13. Bourbon Trail Distillery Tour
I gave my husband The 12 Dates of Christmas gift back in 2013. July's date was a bourbon distillery tour which we weren't able to do since I was newly pregnant with baby #2 so hopefully we can mark that off our list soon. I'm thinking the Maker's Mark tour for sure. Who knows, maybe we can tour all  eight.

14. Be More Positive
I have always been one of those people who think of the worst-case scenario and view life more on the negative side of things. I would love to be more positive and learn to appreciate what I already have when it comes to life. 

15. Find out my Family History
When I was little I had to make a family tree. I remember my mom telling me some of my family history but I'd love to one day look it up and see who I'm related to and what my heritage is. Who knows, maybe I'm related to someone famous!

bucket list, list, goals, 30 before 30, 30 things to do in my 30's, 30 things to do, thirties bucket list, life goals, 30 things to do before 30, thirty things to do in my thirties, travel, family bucket list, life goals, to do list, to-do,

16. Road Trip
I don't know where too but I think it would be cool to pack up and just drive and check out the landmarks whatever which way we decided to go. It can be a cross country road trip or a trip up north. Either way, the destination should be to a place I've never been to before. Maybe Maine? Maybe California or Wyoming? Who knows where the road will lead us.

17. Decorate a Cake with Fondant
I want to bake a fancy cake. I love attempting to decorate cakes but I haven't quite figured out fondant. My one attempt at it wasn't horrible but the fondest was a mess and wouldn't thicken.

☑️ 18. Finish my Kid's Baby Books - up to date Fall 2019
I think I have one of my three kids' baby books up to date. One is halfway done and my youngest's baby book I have yet to start. It is crazy how that happens. I hope to finish their baby books because I am already forgetting special moments. On the plus side, I made Shutterfly books of each of their first years of life!

☑️ 19. Coach Young People - *2022/2023
I played soccer all through school, did gymnastics, and cheerleading. I also helped teach gymnastics and cheerleading in high school. I would love to coach a soccer team or some kind of sports team that my kids are on at least one year with my husband.

*I am not the head coach but I was the "unofficial" assistant coach to my husband for our daughter's soccer team. I help coach practices and teach the girls how to play. It was a blast an made me really how much I loved playing soccer in my younger days!

☑️ 20. Go to a Murder Mystery Dinner Show - *May 27, 2023
I love solving mysteries and have played the game Clue a ton of times so I think it's safe to say I would enjoy trying to figure out "Who Dun It" while eating dinner and dressed up. 

* My husband and I attended an Interactive Murder Mystery Dinner show for our 9th Anniversary as part of our All about "I" Date. It was a fun experience!


21. Stay in a Teepee
Last summer I found a place nearby that is totally off the grid and has a teepee, a treehouse, and other places you can stay in. A technology-free weekend in nature with the family sounds like it could be fun!

22. Drink More Water
This is a big one for me. I have never really liked the taste of water unless it is ice cold. Sometimes when I drink water I end up with headaches which I find weird but I hope to drink more water not only because it is healthier but it is cheaper. 

23. Have a Real Christmas Tree
I want to go to a Christmas tree farm and cut down or watch somebody cut down a tree of my choosing then decorate it with my family. I know they are messy but I'd love to share the experience with my family. 

24. Foot Golf
I played soccer most of my school days although I doubt I'd be good at it now. When I first heard of foot golf, I was pregnant so I wasn't up for the challenge but I'd love to try it to see if I can do it. Foot Golf is basically a golf coarse but you try to kick a soccer ball into the hole instead of putting a golf ball. Sounds like fun right? 

25. Pay it Forward
On more than one occasion my family has been blessed. We have had our meal at Outback paid for or handed $10 and told to buy the family some ice-cream. I have donated items and helped people out but I want to be able to pay it forward as someone else has to me. I want to bless someone or more than one person randomly just because I can.

☑️ 26. Get a Chunky Knit Blanket - I made one 1/29/2019
I don't know why but recently I am obsessed with the chunky knit blankets. I heard they aren't very comfortable to use but they make for amazing decor. I think the grey ones are my favorite so far but I'm also digging the maroon and light blue ones. They are just so expensive, $200+ for a blanket seems crazy to me but I hope to save up enough money to buy one one day, get one as a gift, possibly make one or maybe I'll get lucky and win a giveaway.


27. Weekend in Vegas
My grandparents took me to Vegas when I turned 21 but my husband hasn't been since he was a kid so I'd love to go back with him so we can experience all the craziness together. 

28. Make New Friends
When I became a mom I lost the majority of my old friends but I have been fortunate to find a few new friends. I would love to make more mommy friends and grow the relationships I have recently started. Every mom needs a mommy tribe to hang out with. 

29. Watch the Ball Drop at Time Square
I always thought it would be cool to watch the ball drop at Time Square although I don't think I would like the crowd or cold. This may have to be added to my general bucket list but maybe we can squeeze it in.

30. Create Another Bucket List
There are several other things I'd love to do but some I'm not sure if I will ever do or I may change my mind when the time comes so I'm not yet listing them on my bucket list. Before I turn 40 I want to create another bucket list in hopes of inspiring me to keep pushing toward my goals and to keep life fun in my 40's. This may be a general bucket list or maybe even a family bucket list. Only time will tell! 

I will try to keep this list updated as I mark things off. I may even add some pictures of me accomplishing my goal so check back to see how I'm doing! 

I'd love to know something on your bucket list. Drop a comment below or leave a link if you have a similar blog post so I can read it!


*** Check out how I celebrated my 30th birthday and the gift basket my husband made me HERE!!! ***

bucket list, list, goals, 30 before 30, 30 things to do in my 30's, 30 things to do, thirties bucket list, life goals, 30 things to do before 30, thirty things to do in my thirties, travel, family bucket list, life goals, to do list, to-do,

4 Comments

  1. Love your bucket list doll! I am all about going to concerts, exercising more, focusing on my blessings and being a better blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! I love hearing what is on other people's bucket list. Focusing on your blessings is something I think we all need to work on. Love it!!!

      Delete
  2. This is a great list. I'm ready to kiss my 20s goodbye. As of June 3rd I will be 30. Yikes! Where did time go? Ha!I'm a mom of three...9,6.5 and 5. So all of my 20s I was raising kids. I would love in my 30s to do more things I couldn't do in my 20s and your blog post gave me great ideas.
    Thank you. I'm a mom blogger over at allmodernmommy.com. I will be saving and sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time sure has flown by! Happy Birthday! I will be 30 in a few days as well, it's crazy to think. I'm glad this post inspired you. I'll have to check it out :)

      Delete