DIY Nail Polish Play Make-up for Kids


My two year old is obsessed with make-up and chap stick. She thinks every time she goes into my room she needs to put chap stick on. She has tried to play with my make-up before and succeeded at playing with Grandma's make-up before so I decided it was time for her to have some of her own. 

No I'm not going to give her real make-up because I don't want her painting her beautiful face just yet but play make-up can't hurt. 

I told my mom that I was planning on making my daughter play make-up out of old make-up containers and nail polish but I didn't have any empty containers just yet. My mom went home, dug through her drawers and found a few to use and went ahead and made the play make-up for my daughter as a Christmas gift.

I think it turned out really cute and my daughter loves it! I was able to make one of the play blushes and I snuck it into the purse with the rest that Grandma gave her once we got home. 

DIY play make-up using nail polish, DIY, play makeup, play make-up, nail polish makeup, make up, play make-up, nail polish makeup, nail polish make-up, nail polish craft, nail polish toy, kids makeup, makeup craft, makeup toy, gifts for girl, toddle make-up, DIY make-up, DIY makeup, fun makeup, fun toys, re-use makeup containers, refurbished makeup containers, makeup container craft, makeup case craft, fashion, toys, kid toys, homemade toys, DIY makeup, nail polish, toddler toy, cheap toys, DIY cheap toys, girl make up toy, homemade make up, repurposed, repurpose make up containers

This play make-up is super cheap and super easy to make, all you need is some old or cheap nail polish in any color you want and some empty make-up containers. Make sure the make-up containers are clean then pour the nail polish into the containers and let dry. Once the nail polish has dried you can close the containers and place in a cute purse or make-up bag, in this case my mom put them in a sea shell purse and that's it, you're done. It's that easy!!!


Things to know:
- You can use old nail polish you don't want any more or you can find $1 nail polishes at any Dollar Store, Dollar Tree, Wal-Mart, etc...

- You can use empty make-up containers or buy new make-up for cheap at a Dollar Store and remove the make-up. I personally think that it is a waste of make-up though so I recommend using old, empty containers.

- I used a little less than half a bottle to make one blush. I'm not positive how much my mom used but I would assume ¼ a bottle for each eye shadow and almost a full bottle for the powder container.

- Make sure the little metal ball in the nail polish doesn't come out when you are pouring it into the make-up containers.

- The nail polish will flatten a little once it dries. 

- Let the nail polish dry for at least 24-72 hours. 

- I recommend making the play make-up in a well ventilated room because the fumes from the nail polish are very strong and last a few days. 

- Supervise your child when they use their play make-up if you include small brushes. My daughter just turned two and has already lost one of the brushes and the eye shadow lid. She has also pulled the cushion off the eyeshadow brush a few times. I mainly supervise her though when she plays with the make-up because my 10 month old has tried to eat it. 

- My mom tried to make a nail polish lip stick and it wouldn't dry right. I tried with the same lip stick container and it would chip off every time I tried to move it so maybe you will have better luck. I plan on trying to make a nail polish chap stick once I get an empty EOS container so I will let you know how that turns out. 

This nail polish play make-up is a super easy and super cheap toy to make. It is the perfect gift for any little girl that loves make-up and loves watching her mommy get ready in the mornings. By making our daughter some play make-up she will be able to copy what you are doing and learn to pretend play which is very important for children at this age. I hope your daughter enjoys her play make-up as much as my daughter does!

DIY play make-up using nail polish, DIY, play makeup, play make-up, nail polish makeup, make up, play make-up, nail polish makeup, nail polish make-up, nail polish craft, nail polish toy, kids makeup, makeup craft, makeup toy, gifts for girl, toddle make-up, DIY make-up, DIY makeup, fun makeup, fun toys, re-use makeup containers, refurbished makeup containers, makeup container craft, makeup case craft, fashion, toys, kid toys, homemade toys, DIY makeup, nail polish, toddler toy, cheap toys, DIY cheap toys, girl make up toy, homemade make up, repurposed, repurpose make up containers
DIY play make-up using nail polish, DIY, play makeup, play make-up, nail polish makeup, make up, play make-up, nail polish makeup, nail polish make-up, nail polish craft, nail polish toy, kids makeup, makeup craft, makeup toy, gifts for girl, toddle make-up, DIY make-up, DIY makeup, fun makeup, fun toys, re-use makeup containers, refurbished makeup containers, makeup container craft, makeup case craft, fashion, toys, kid toys, homemade toys, DIY makeup, nail polish, toddler toy, cheap toys, DIY cheap toys, girl make up toy, homemade make up, repurposed, repurpose make up containers

Pin this image for later:
DIY play make-up using nail polish, DIY, play makeup, play make-up, nail polish makeup, make up, play make-up, nail polish makeup, nail polish make-up, nail polish craft, nail polish toy, kids makeup, makeup craft, makeup toy, gifts for girl, toddle make-up, DIY make-up, DIY makeup, fun makeup, fun toys, re-use makeup containers, refurbished makeup containers, makeup container craft, makeup case craft, fashion, toys, kid toys, homemade toys, DIY makeup, nail polish, toddler toy, cheap toys, DIY cheap toys, girl make up toy, homemade make up, repurposed, repurpose make up containers

0 Comments