Baby's First Keepsake Christmas Ornament

Christmas is right around the corner and this Christmas I have two little ones to celebrate with. Last year I made a Baby's First Keepsake Ornament for my daughter. My due date was Christmas eve but she decided to make an early entrance so I was busy trying to get the whole new mommy thing down so she didn't get her Baby's First Keepsake Ornament until the following year. I just made my son's ornament a few days ago. They are super easy to make, super cute, and super cheap.

Baby's First Keepsake Ornament is a great craft to make using your baby's newborn hat and hospital band. This way you can see it each Christmas and remember the days when your little one was so little and ermines on the memories of welcoming them into the world. 


Supplies:

  • Puff paint OR Paint Pens
  • Clear Plastic OR Glass Ornament
  • Baby Keepsakes - hospital hat, patient bands and anything else you have that will fit

I prefer to us plastic ornaments because the are baby proof. You can find empty plastic ornaments at any craft store and most mass supermarkets such as Wal-Mart. I bought mine at Micheals two years ago when my daughter was born because I was planning on making this then but they still sell them there. I think I paid .40 cents max for a big plastic ornament because they were on sale.

How To:

1. Remove the top and carefully stuff everything into the ornament.

I used a pen to help push the hospital hat down into the ornament. If you have a bigger hospital arm band it will look better if you put that in first then put the hat in the center of the arm band. After everything is in the ornament put the top back on.

2.  Personalize the ornament with your baby's name and date of birth. You can use Puff Paint or Paint Pens. Let Dry.

See below for what both Puff Paint and Paint Pens look like so you can choose what you prefer.

Baby's First Keepsake Ornament, baby ornament, keepsake ornament, keepsake, personalized ornament, hospital hat ornament, baby's first ornament, ornament idea, newborn baby ornament, first Christmas ornament, scrapbook ornament, meaningful ornament, baby boy ornament, baby's first Christmas, baby, DIY, Puff paint

3. Add a hook or a string, hang on your Christmas tree and enjoy!

Like I said before they are super easy to make and only cost a few cents; Plus, what else where you going to do with the newborn hospital hat and arm bands?

My ornaments are now on display for everyone to see and when my children are grown they will be able to take their keepsake ornaments for their own Christmas tree, that is if they choose to, as a reminder of how little they use to be!

Baby's First Keepsake Ornament, baby ornament, keepsake ornament, keepsake, personalized ornament, hospital hat ornament, baby's first ornament, ornament idea, newborn baby ornament, first Christmas ornament, scrapbook ornament, meaningful ornament, baby boy ornament, baby's first Christmas, baby,
Baby's First Keepsake Ornament, baby ornament, keepsake ornament, keepsake, personalized ornament, hospital hat ornament, baby's first ornament, ornament idea, newborn baby ornament, first Christmas ornament, scrapbook ornament, meaningful ornament, baby boy ornament, baby's first Christmas, baby,
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

UPDATE: I recently had my third baby and made him a keepsake ornament out of his hospital items. We didn't get the pink and blue hat like the other two got when they were born but we did get a hospital hat so I squeezed the hospital hat and his ID bands into a plastic ornament and personalized the ornament with my son's name and birth date.

I used a green Sharpie paint pen to personalize his ornament.

Baby's First Keepsake Ornament, baby ornament, keepsake ornament, keepsake, personalized ornament, hospital hat ornament, baby's first ornament, ornament idea, newborn baby ornament, first Christmas ornament, scrapbook ornament, meaningful ornament, baby boy ornament, baby's first Christmas, baby, paint pen craft, DIY

0 Comments