Creamy Caribbean Chicken and Rice

Hawaiian chicken and rice, fast dinner, quick dinner, 15 minute dinner, chicken and rice, food, easy dinner, easy meal, easy Hawaiian chicken and rice, dinner, on the go meal, fast meal, rice meal, Hawaiian meal, chicken and rice, recipe, easy meal the family will love, awesome recipe, quick and easy meal

The other night my husband had meetings so would be home late so I decided make dinner. I threw this meal together in about 10-15 minutes and it was a HUGE hit, the picture doesn't do this meal justice. I had pineapple and black olives in the fridge that were on the verge of going bad if not used soon so I decided to make something with them. Here's how:

Creamy Caribbean Chicken and Rice

Time: about 15 minutes

Ingredients:
  • Rice - I used brown Minute rice
  • 1 can of shredded chicken breast - drained; you can fry some chicken on the stove if you prefer, it may taste better but if you are in a hurry, can chicken works great!
  • Nature's Seasons Seasoning Blend to taste
  • Caribbean Jerk Seasoning to taste
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • ½ can of milk
  • Corn Flakes - crushed
  • Shredded Cheese
  • Pineapple Chunks 
  • Diced Black Olives


Directions:

1. Cook your rice. I used brown Minute rice that takes 10-15 minutes to cook on the stove. Follow the directions that came with whatever rice you choose to cook.  I made enough for 4 servings.

2. While your rice is cooking, drain the can of chicken or fry up some chicken on the stove. Dump the can chicken into a greased skillet and add some seasoning to your liking. I used Nature's Seasons Seasoning Blend and Caribbean Jerk to go with the pineapple but you can use any seasoning you prefer. Stir until all the chicken is seasoned.

3. Add a can of cream of chicken soup. Fill the can halfway full of milk and stir in the milk. If you add to much milk it is ok, just add some corn starch or flour to thicken it a little. Let the chicken/soup/milk mixture set for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep the bottom from burning.

4. Once your rice is finished, fluff it and put it on a plate or bowl. Pour some of the chicken soup mixture on top of the rice. Next add a handful of crushed Corn Flakes, a handful of shredded cheese, some pineapple chunks and black olives and enjoy.

You can add any toppings you prefer. My husband doesn't like olives so I don't put any on his. If you don't have corn flakes you can use chow mien noodles instead or cracker crumbs. Some other toppings you can add include but are not limited to water chestnuts, onions, dried cranberries, green or black olives, pineapple, diced apples, peppers. I would stay away from peas, green beans, and carrots unless you want it turning into a stir fry.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family did! My two year old kept saying "yum" and finished it super fast so I guess I got the approval to make it again, plus this recipe is super easy and super fast if you are in a hurry or just starving.

0 Comments