Colorful Tissue Paper Turkey Craft

Last Friday I checked out a program called Book Buddies that our Family Resource Center puts on for children 0-5 years of age. This was the first time I attended this event and I enjoyed it! My daughter is almost two so I thought I would give it a try. I was afraid that it would be geared toward older children and my daughter wouldn't know what was going on, but she was fine.

They started off with a puzzle which my daughter is to little for but it was fine because it takes her a little to warm up to people. After the puzzle everybody sat in a circle and sang a "Hello" song, followed by a few other songs that were turkey themed since it's almost Thanksgiving. They then read a book and played a "5 little Turkey's" Game (similar to the 5 little monkey's). They then made this adorable turkey craft that was adult supervised and guided of coarse, enjoyed a snack which I think was my daughter's favorite part and they ended Book Buddies by allowing the children to pick out a book for them to keep and a "Good-Bye" song.

I think I enjoyed Book Buddies more than my daughter did, I mean seriously, who could pass up a craft, snack, free book and the opportunity to meet new people? Hopefully I will be able to go back each month. Book Buddies lasted about 45 minutes and is geared toward early childhood learning. Everything they do helps prepare your child for school and gets them ready for when that time comes. It even takes place at an Elementary School. I'm not sure if schools around the country have programs similar to Book Buddies but it's worth looking into to see if your town's Family Resource puts on any early childhood programs. 

Colorful Turkey Craft 
Before we get started I wanted to say I did not come up with this idea, I'm just sharing it because it is an easy and cute children's activity.

All we had to do was glue everything onto the paper plate because they cut everything out already since the children are too little to use scissors. The mom's put the glue on the turkey when needed and the kids placed the items where they wanted them.

colorful turkey craft, turkey craft, Thanksgiving craft, paper craft, kids craft, easy craft, craft, holiday craft, paper plate craft, paper plate turkey, easy Thanksgiving craft, tissue paper craft, toddler craft, easy holiday craft, Thanksgiving turkey craft, tissue paper craft, tissue paper turkey, colorful turkey, easy toddler craft, easy Thanksgiving craft, children activity

Supplies:

  • Half a paper plate
  • Tissue Paper cut into squares
  • 2 Googly Eyes
  • Brown & Orange construction paper
  • Red construction paper OR Red Pipe Cleaner 
  • Glue
  • Scissors

How To:

1. Cut out all your objects:

  • Tissue paper squares
  • Paper plate in half
  • A medium brown circle for the body
  • Red gobbler
  • Orange feet and beak

2. Glue the brown body onto the center of the plate.

3. Put some glue at the top of the feet and glue them to the back of the body. 

4. Add some glue where you want the eyes, beak and gobbler and let your child place them on the turkey.

5. Cover the paper plate in glue and let your child cover it with the tissue paper squares. Let Dry.

0 Comments