Star Wars Inspired Party Food

With it being May 4th, I thought it was only fitting that I shared with you some Star Wars inspired food ideas.

Star Wars birthday party, Star Wars food, Yoda soda, Star Wars inspired food, themed food, light saber food, Chocolate Chip Wookie Cookies

My son's favorite toy is his Yoda pillow. He loves it and carries it with him all over the house. Since I was due with baby number four on my sons birthday, I combined his birthday with my husbands to make sure he got a special celebration before our newest addition arrived.

Birthday Boy + Yoda Pillow + Baby Bump Hugs = Cute Picture!!!

My husband loves Star Wars so what better than a mini Star Wars inspired party to celebrate both their birthdays. I didn't go all out with their party since I was eight months pregnant but I tried to still make it semi cute.

I will say that celebrating their birthday's together made for some cute Daddy & Me pictures!


For your Star Wars inspired party, you can go all out with food and decorations. There are a ton of free printables online or items you can purchase at stores. Since Star Wars is a popular theme, you shouldn't have a problem finding party decorations.

I attempted to make a cool cake that you would probably see on an episode of Nailed It if you saw what I was going for. I poured melted chocolate on top of the cake and it didn't harden all the way or give the dripping effect that I was going for because my cake wasn't tall enough. I also used broken chocolate pieces to make a cool effect but the printed out cartoon characters covered it up. Although it wasn't my best looking cake, it tasted good!

Star Wars birthday party, Star Wars cake,

Like I said, I didn't really decorate aside from the food. I made a few food labels using some free character clip art I found online and fun names to label the food. I saw a few food labels floating around Pinterest but they didn't have everything I needed so I made my own. You can also easily make labels with paper and markers.

The Star Wars inspired food we used:
  • 7 Leia Dip - 7 Layer Dip & Chips
  • Light Sabers - Chocolate Covered Pretzels decorated red & green
  • Obi-Wan Kabobs - Fruit Kabobs
  • Wookie Cookies - Chocolate Chip Cookies (you can add eyes and frosting to make them more realistic)
  • Vader Tater Salad - Potato Salad
  • Thermal Detonators - Chicken Wings
  • Yoda Soda - Green Punch, Sprite & Pineapple Juice Mix

Star Wars birthday party, Star Wars food, Yoda soda, Star Wars inspired food, themed food, light saber food, 7 Leia Dip, Obi-wan Kabobs, Chocolate Chip Wookie Cookies

Some other possible Food ideas:
  • Leia's Buns - Honey Buns
  • Death Star Bursts- Star Bursts
  • Death Star Donuts - Donut Holes
  • Han-Rolos - Rolos
  • Ewoks - Teddy Grahams, Gummy Bears
  • Jabba the Pizza Hut - Pizza Hut Pizza
  • Hutt Dogs - Hot Dog Bar, Mini Pigs in a Blanket
  • Han-burgers - Hamburger Bar
  • Padawan Potatoes - Potato Salad, Potato Chips
  • Vader Veggies - Vegetable Tray
  • Trooper Scoopers - Chips for a Dip
  • Light Sabers - Chocolate Covered Pretzels, Sour Straws, Fruit Kabobs, Popsicles
  • Thermal Detonators - Chicken Wings, Chocolate Balls


Beverages & Utensils label ideas:
  • Yoda Soda - Green Punch, Mt. Dew, 7 Up, Sprite
  • Vader-ade - Red Punch or Gatorade
  • Jedi Juice
  • R2D2 - Water
  • Wookie Water
  • Luke Sky-Water
  • Han Solo Cups - Red Solo Cups
  • "May the Forks be with you" - Plastic Forks

Star Wars birthday party, Star Wars food, Yoda soda, Star Wars inspired food, themed food, Star Wars drink, Yoda punch, green punch
Our Yoda Soda was a Green Punch, Sprite & Pineapple Juice Mix


Possible Party Favors:
  • Bubble Wands to represent Light Sabers
  • Light Saber decorated Glow Sticks
  • Light Saber decoratedPool Noodles
  • Light Saber decorated Pencils
  • Light SaberChocolate Covered Pretzels to go
  • Chewbacca Gift Bags (brown paper bags) filled with goodies


Possible Craft & Games:
  • DIY Light Saber Pool Noodles - pool noodles and duct tape
  • Star Wars Coloring Pages
  • Pin the Light Saber on Yoda
  • Star Wars Bingo
  • Death Star Piñata 
  • Photo Booth with Star Wars props
  • Jedi Wars - Water gun/nerf gun/pool noodle fight 
  • Star Wars movie marathon playing during the party


I'm sure there are tons of other fun ideas out there, this was just a list I put together of some things I may of incorporated into our Star Wars inspired party if I had more time and was inviting a bunch of friends instead of keeping the party small.

Hopefully this list helps get you started when it comes to party planning. Pinterest is a great place to look for more inspiration!


You may also like:

Check out these other Party Themes:

Pin for later:
Star Wars birthday party, Star Wars food, Yoda soda, Star Wars inspired food, themed food, light saber food, 7 Leia Dip, Obi-wan Kabobs, Chocolate Chip Wookie Cookies

0 Comments