Darth Vader Inspired Halloween Costume

October 2015 - I can't believe it's already been three years - my husband's teacher costume theme was Disney villains. Since Disney bought the rights to Star Wars, my husband decided that meant he could go as Darth Vader, although I don't think that is what the other teachers had in mind. My husband loves Star Wars so his mind was set plus Darth Vader is now technically a Disney villain.

My husband told me about the costume last minute so we didn't really have time to go all out and being that he is a teacher, he isn't allowed to wear a mask to cover his face so this is what we came up with on short notice and I mean short as in the night before.

Darth Vader, Darth Vader costume, easy Darth Vader costume, Darth Vader Halloween costume, Star Wars costume, Star Wars Halloween costume, easy last minute costume, duct tape costume, last minute costume, Halloween, Halloween costume, school appropriate costume, school costume, teacher costume, teacher Halloween costume, cheap costume, cheap costume ideas, mask free costume

The Suit Design
My husband wore black pants and a black long sleeve shirt. I used silver duct tape to try to recreate Darth Vader's suit design the best I could. I colored the blue and red with sharpie. 

The Cape
I cut and tied a black plastic table cloth around my husband's neck. These are under a $1 at most stores.

The Mask
I found a free printable clipart image, printed it out and taped it to one of my black head bands. 

Darth Vader, Darth Vader costume, easy Darth Vader costume, Darth Vader Halloween costume, Star Wars costume, Star Wars Halloween costume, easy last minute costume, duct tape costume, last minute costume, Halloween, Halloween costume, school appropriate costume, school costume, teacher costume, teacher Halloween costume, cheap costume, cheap costume ideas, mask free costume

Like I said, this was a very last minute costume but I think it turned out pretty well and everyone knew who my husband was suppose to be. The duct tape pealed off the shirt very easy and the costume ended up being costing a $1 to make because I don't think I had a table cloth.

This is a great way for you child or you to wear a Darth Vader inspired costume for school or church events that DO NOT allow masks. This is also an easy way to go as Darth Vader for Halloween if you are short on time and money. Duct tape for the win!

0 Comments